Price cap

And as for cost, it was a boast at the time the first nuclear power station came on line in the UK that,'energy will be so cheap we won't have to meter it'...
Who did? Where? I don’t remember it and as you keep saying, I’m a lot older than you. How old did you say you were again?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
How many?

How many?
Exactly, we ought to be told. As a taxpayer, I'd like to see a breakdown of all the 10 million extra population since Tony Blair. I'd like to see how many are immigrants and the children thereof, and how many of them are drawing public money, and how much and for how long they have been drawing it.

When a failing company is taken over the first thing the new owners do is go over the accounts with a fine-toothed comb to see where the losses are. Similarly, any politician wanting to sort this country out would need to do a serious, detailed audit of where all the money is going. A modern day Domesday book.

One of the problems with immigration in this country is the uncontrolled nature of it. Let 'em come, let 'em do what they like and go where they like with no forward planning or costing.

No a far better idea of the reasoning than you appear to have.

Well pardon me, your grace, I didn't know I was in the presence of such a distinguished scholar!
Personally I feel people are inclined to take too simplistic views on all sorts of things and politics often encourages that.

People get in the way of politics too much, don't they AJ?

FZ-ke6EWQAApdrn

How would they exactly Notch?

The problem with political jokes is that they get elected

( Henry Cate)

Notch,

Is that because we're soft as shoite?

I mean, if that happened in France, they'd be burning sheep's left right and centre.

Should we be more vocal?

What can we do?

We are paying £315/month up from £165ish. But then that will rise in the Autumn and again next year.....

What can we do?

We are paying £315/month up from £165ish. But then that will rise in the Autumn and again next year.....
SS you may be able to find that amount of money for a long time to come, but many can't. I won't be able to make it for long.

This crisis was caused entirely by our politicians, by their creating money to pay for their stupid covid measures, and there is no way out of it - the money has gone, it has all been given away in a massive shift of wealth, and what we used to call pounds sterling is now no more than fluff in our pockets. Nothing has changed in the physical world of gas and electricity though - it is all still there for us BUT our politicians are standing in the way of it. They will not help you and they do not want to help you - they are the ones who have got you into this mess and they only want to keep taking your money, they are vampires, and they still want you to vote for them! As long as you keep paying and keep voting nothing will change... and when I say nothing will change, I mean that the situation will keep worsening.

It is the politicians that need to be got rid of. The solution is within our grasp but it doesn't involve the Conservative or Labour parties. Have a look at my post, no. 58, in this thread, about what the Sri Lankans did to their rip-off politicians.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/696-migrants-14-boats.595121/page-4#post-5276695

The Sri Lankans have not been successful and have ended up with rationing, but they tried, and I hope they try again. The history of Britain, and what made Britain great, is the people not putting up with bad leaders. The days of us "not putting up with bad leaders" are long gone, and we have all but forgotten those days with all our modern creature comforts. Those creature comforts are largely created by gas and electricity; what will happen when they are out of our reach?

Notch,

Is that because we're soft as shoite?

I mean, if that happened in France, they'd be burning sheep's left right and centre.

Should we be more vocal?

What can we do?

Plenty sheep in these parts - do you burn them indoors to keep warm? would imagine it will stink a bit, specially if they are heavy with winnits.

SS you may be able to find that amount of money for a long time to come, but many can't. I won't be able to make it for long.
Not too sure why you think I can find that sort of money. It's hard,but we are just about managing at the moment.

If we had lots of money, we wouldn't be keeping a 2009 163K car!

Sponsored Links
Back