Price for boiler replacement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am living in semidetached property (1982 build) with 3 bedrooms (7 rads) and was thinking about replacing my boiler. Current one (valliant ecomax manufactured in 2005) is situated in the loft, all pipes and electrical work are good, so it's a swap in place operation.

I have asked for couple of quotes from local installers, and so far 2 came back for worcester 30cdi: 2500 and 2800

So far both installers have refused to specify the cost for the boiler which they used, but since that model can be found for about 1150 online (and I suppose that they should get even better prices being installers) the labour (and the cost of chemicals) come up around 1400-1700.

Frankly that seems a bit high to me, but maybe I am wrong.
Both quotes included a mag filter and a system flush (not sure if mechanical or only chemical).

Any opinion on the matter? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Where do you live?
You buy it online then any return visit to correct anything is chargeable whilst they factor in such things and time to order/ collecting it and bringing it to the job.
Overheads, van, all taxes, downtime completing paperwork such as registering your shiny new boiler etc etc
Is the flue being moved/ altered.
Full flush takes time.
Profit is not a dirty word, two quotes within £300 should tell you something.

Sponsored Links
look at it a different way

you buy the boiler and save money
the engineer comes to fit it and theres a bit missing any extra time is at your cost
a week later he comes and fixes it up to a competent standard so his job is complete but at the cost off an extra visit
now 3 months later the boiler fails who would you call as the only people you have a contract with is the boiler company who will cover faulty parts but not labour

It sounds expensive to me, nobody wants to make a living anymore, they all want to be millionaires

A lot of us are doing the ACS around now. Few days with no pay plus fees between £1000 - 1500. Plus travel etc.

Oh, and our Gas Safe Fees at the end of the month

Just a thought

Hi,

I am living in semidetached property (1982 build) with 3 bedrooms (7 rads) and was thinking about replacing my boiler. Current one (valliant ecomax manufactured in 2005) is situated in the loft, all pipes and electrical work are good, so it's a swap in place operation.

I have asked for couple of quotes from local installers, and so far 2 came back for worcester 30cdi: 2500 and 2800

So far both installers have refused to specify the cost for the boiler which they used, but since that model can be found for about 1150 online (and I suppose that they should get even better prices being installers) the labour (and the cost of chemicals) come up around 1400-1700.

Both quotes included a mag filter and a system flush (not sure if mechanical or only chemical).

Yes. Your figure should be around 1350 - 1650, for a start. A mag filter and chems will be over a ton. Are they VAT registered? Another £225 - £275.

The cheapest on line prices are generally lower than our trade prices, but many of us prefer to use proper merchants. Relationships have to be forged and maintained, and most websites carry conditions that are illegal. Damaged products delivered can be a nightmare from online, whereas the matter is sorted with a quick phone call to the merchant.

If you are unhappy, get another quote. We cannot know the site conditions - can they park on your drive? Is loft access easy?

Hi,

What's wrong with the present boiler? I'd take a 12 year old Ecomax over a new Worshitter Bodge any day of the week

Get on ebay, you'll find a suitable price on there.

You can Get a boiler for 500 quid and pay about 500 quid to get it installed.

Chucked on the wall from the back of the van. Guaranteed until the van disappears round the corner.

You must take the family out to the £1 bakery for a treat......

It sounds expensive to me, nobody wants to make a living anymore, they all want to be millionaires
Well if they live in London - half a house (flat conversion ) is up to c. half a million £.

Hi,

I think you need to get confirmed if its a Powerflush or just a chemical flush.
A power flush should take best part of a day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back