Pricing a small job

G

gimp on fire

THIS THREAD HAS REACHED ITS CONCLUSION, AND IF THAT PERSON WHO KEEPS TRYING TO KEEP IT ALIVE IN THE NAME OF HAVING AN ARGUMENT HADN'T RESPONDED YET AGAIN, I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO DELETE ALL MY RELEVANT POSTS!

GOODBYE.

Sponsored Links
how long do you think it will take? and how much do you want a day? that should give you the price. ;)

suggest you ask them to pay for the "materials" (show receipts) and do it for nothing, knowing you have made an old couple happy

as you said its not your forte

Sponsored Links
gimp on fire said:
Now, this is not my forte, but I could do a thorough job, I reckon, and they insist on paying me would you believe?!!!

Strange reaction than: for nothing I'll eat dirt first?
Helping out or making a buck, you're choice.
If they insist on paying you ask for around £ 85 a day (full day that is) and get it over with

Refuse the job. You won't be as good as a pro and at £200 per day - you are more expensive.

BTW - what is your day job?

joe

gimp on fire said:
*ahem*, 'do it for nothing'? I'd rather eat dirt.

Fact is, if it takes a week, I would have to do it in my own time, and cost me down time from work.

Sounds like he'll have to find someone else cheaper!

Thanks anyway, even if the original question has not really been answered.

Gimp

with that attitude i wonder if you are really capable, here have a mud pie

that was a turn around want it, you sounded like a charitable bloke at first, then your willing to eat dirt for your elderly/incapable friend/associate. you say you could earn upto £200 a day, selling what?

gimp on fire said:
Gone a bit off-topic this!

I never said I worked a handful of hours ;)
To be fair GoF, you implied it by using the phrase "in my regular job".
16 hours is not a regular job.

While I'm here, I can't help observing that you asked "Anyone with suitable experience put me right...".

Effectively, if you took on this job, you would be training "on-the-job", and, as you yourself observed, you would be slow. That being the case, it would be unreasonable to charge anywhere close to a professional daily rate. There's nothing wrong with doing the job for a meagre amount, even for just the travelling costs, in order to learn.

The help you've been offered is considered advice, taking many things into account. It might not be what you wanted to hear, but it's certainly the correct and apposite advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back