Pricing a small job

Sponsored Links
it is.

as as has been said its not our fault you do not like the answer

Sponsored Links
To be honest..id want 200 quid for a days work if it involved working 16 hours a day....that, in effect is two day work.

Gimp.....if you want to match your wges now...and are thinking about taking up a living as a decorator ten your going to come down to earht with a nasty bump....

Quite smiply.....your not going to earn 200 quid a day painting...well you might...but you'l probably end up on watchdog or rogue traders.

With regards to he cash job....you obviusly know what you want to earn.....200 quid a day....two rooms should take an average DIYer about two days....so charge em 400 quid if you want

But bear in mind one thing....any decent decorator will be able to do those two rooms in one day given good drying time and the right type of paint.....so...your price....400 quid.....pro decorators price 100/120 quid...

Who is he going to choose?

If you get the job....pat yourself on the back and get on with it.

er dont think its a gang i think its a number of individuals who have the ability to see sense based on knowledge of the trade and whats fair and reasonable, but ho hum you are entitled to your opinion as everyone else, but just because you dont like the answer you are give you slag people off. If you knew how much you wanted to charge why come on here and ask if all you do is disagree with the opinions you get?

this thread has not reached its conclusion, all you wanted was some one to say charge them what you like, which has now been done. not to mention that as a postman you are not qualified as a painter and decorator.

I only hope they tell you where to go, or offer you several mud pies

Well , that's one way of getting an answer :D
Deleting a post when you don't like what's being said, that's a first

WoodYouLike said:
Well , that's one way of getting an answer :D
Deleting a post when you don't like what's being said, that's a first

Only just spotted this thread, quite interesting trying to figure out what it's all about with all the deleted posts. It sounds like the gimp bloke has been offered some decorating, which is not his trade, and wants to know what he can charge. Well I reckon that if he is honest he should tell the customer that they would be better off going to a decorator but it sounds like he just wants to get money out of them.

Deleting posts like this is a bit like a kid taking his football away because he has fallen out with the other kids. You lot haven't all been upsetting him, have you? :D

Half correct petewood
He was asked if he would do some decorating by (elderly) friends and was offered payment, but didn't know what to charge (not being a prof).
He didn't really appreciated some of the answers suggesting to him to do it for free or for a minimum charge: he would rather eat dirt ;), his words, not mine).

so, now you're up-to-date again.

WoodYouLike said:
Half correct petewood
He was asked if he would do some decorating by (elderly) friends and was offered payment, but didn't know what to charge (not being a prof).
He didn't really appreciated some of the answers suggesting to him to do it for free or for a minimum charge: he would rather eat dirt ;), his words, not mine).

so, now you're up-to-date again.

and he's not a charity case ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back