Prince Andrew settles US civil sex assault case

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oof who saw that coming, does this open the floodgates. Where does he go from here apart from in hiding for a bit.

quote from BBC

Prince Andrew has settled a civil sexual assault case brought against him in the US by Virginia Giuffre, court documents show.

Ms Giuffre had been suing the Duke of York, claiming he sexually assaulted her on three occasions when she was 17, allegations he has repeatedly denied.

A letter filed to the US district court on Tuesday said the duke and Ms Giuffre had reached an out-of-court settlement.

The duke's representatives said he had no comment beyond the court statement.

A statement in the letter to US judge Lewis A Kaplan, said the duke would make a "substantial donation to Ms Giuffre's charity in support of victims' rights".

It added that Prince Andrew had "never intended to malign Ms Giuffre's character" and that he recognised she had "suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks".

The duke also pledged to "demonstrate his regret for his association" with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein by supporting the "fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims".

He also commended the "bravery of Ms Giuffre and other survivors in standing up for themselves and others".

Asked for comment on the latest development, Ms Giuffre's lawyer David Boies told the PA News agency: "I believe this event speaks for itself."

Sponsored Links
Oof who saw that coming, does this open the floodgates. Where does he go from here apart from in hiding for a bit.

quote from BBC

Prince Andrew has settled a civil sexual assault case brought against him in the US by Virginia Giuffre, court documents show.
I'd say, regardless of this step, his duties (public and most likely private) on behalf of the firm will never recommence. The firm realises it needs to adapt if it's to keep the masses happy to be reigned over, so he'll remain 'out' of the new inner circle.

From the clips/interviews I've seen of him, if anyone epitomises the '(not very) nice but not very bright prince' ... it's Andrew.

Sponsored Links
So all the recent **** it was going to fight the case etc etc.

According to the statement, he/adny is innocent.

Trust me if I was innocent, I'd fight tooth and nail to clear my name especially if my parents were loads ie multi millionaires.

"In a letter to US judge Lewis A Kaplan, Ms Giuffre's lawyer David Boies wrote jointly with Prince Andrew's lawyers to say the pair had reached "a settlement in principle".

A statement included with the letter read: "The parties will file a stipulated dismissal upon Ms Giuffre's receipt of the settlement (the sum of which is not being disclosed).

It said the duke would make a "substantial donation to Ms Giuffre's charity in support of victims' rights"."

"Responding to the settlement, Mr Boies told the PA News agency: "I believe this event speaks for itself.""

He knew she was after money, she knew she was after money, so the lawyers, who are after money, came up with the best plan to get as much money as quickly as possible.

The end.

He knew she was after money, she knew she was after money, so the lawyers, who are after money, came up with the best plan to get as much money as quickly as possible.

The end.

So you'd pay some woman money if she was to take you to court on lies as this is what you are implying "she was after money"

So you'd pay some woman money if she was to take you to court on lies as this is what you are implying "she was after money"

Me? No, I have no money. She did the same thing before, didn't she?

I am not saying he was innocent, or she was lying, but when people reach a settlement that quickly, with money donated to charity etc. it seems that this was not a woman looking to send him down for sexual assault.

Me? No, I have no money. She did the same thing before, didn't she?

I am not saying he was innocent, or she was lying, but when people reach a settlement that quickly, with money donated to charity etc. it seems that this was not a woman looking to send him down for sexual assault.

thank you.

She did it before, when and where and if so, people I know will only pay up if they feel the other party has a case.

Are you all for reinstating all titles to this Andy bloke and having him grinning again in front of the camera carrying out royal duties - after all, he is innocent in the law.

Same thing happened with Michael Jackson... a massive pay-off to the accuser.

Sponsored Links
Back