Prince Andrew settles US civil sex assault case

Absolutely. The winners everytime and normally always the instigators. Of course they are there to uphold justice for their clients.
I recall watching a tv news prog a few years back about the massive backlog in some UK courts. Some expert was saying it doesn't help that the law 'machine' is filled with people and teams, all part of the process, that all want paid. Some of them probably not required, however the backwards and forwards was all part of the game so they could, in part at least, justify their fees.

Sponsored Links
Racists, misogynists, homophobes & now we gets to see who the paedophiles are here on good 'ole DiyNot.

You just 'know' he'll want to start dressing up again, putting the medals on etc and acting all important, telling minions to tidy up his teddy display and the like.

The only part to happen will be the last part, and even then the staff might feel emboldened enough to say 'tidy 'em yourself ... sir.' Ok prob not but nice to imagine it.

Sponsored Links
I recall watching a tv news prog a few years back about the massive backlog in some UK courts. Some expert was saying it doesn't help that the law 'machine' is filled with people and teams, all part of the process, that all want paid. Some of them probably not required, however the backwards and forwards was all part of the game so they could, in part at least, justify their fees.

Imagine you had your life to lead all over again, but enjoyed starting that process with all of the knowledge you gained thus far, a bit like "If I knew then what I know now".

Do you know what the average earnings of a Barrister are?

Do you know what the average earnings of a Crown Court Judge are?

I have no doubt that the foul stench of corruption infests the corridors of our legal system, but the majority of the people who make it work are clearly there for something other than the £money.

Imagine you had your life to lead all over again, but enjoyed starting that process with all of the knowledge you gained thus far, a bit like "If I knew then what I know now".

Do you know what the average earnings of a Barrister are?

Do you know what the average earnings of a Crown Court Judge are?

I have no doubt that the foul stench of corruption infests the corridors of our legal system, but the majority of the people who make it work are clearly there for something other than the £money.
It's a bloated machine that often takes weeks/months/years too long to reach conclusions, some of which are debatable as soon as they're reached. I don't doubt there are good people within said machine that earn not very much in the grand scheme of things, however that doesn't change my assertion.

And, much like government, councils etc ... don't tell me they're all required ;)

£7.5 MILLION ?

One hopes that was a good f**k, 'cos 'round 'ere they a little bit cheaper :)

I've dealt with housing repair and building claims where we knew the claimant was wrong, sometimes blatantly lying, but its just not worth the cost and risk of going to court. Sometimes we've won cases but still lost financially.

So its just a commercial decision, and right or wrong can be left out of the equation. Pay up, move on, forget it.

But what invariably never changes is that when people speak of wanting "justice" what they really mean is "money".

The legal system isn't interested in justice, it just wants ongoing, never-ending cases to keep the money rolling in. Immigration lawyers are amongst the worst.

I've dealt with housing repair and building claims where we knew the claimant was wrong, sometimes blatantly lying, but its just not worth the cost and risk of going to court. Sometimes we've won cases but still lost financially.

So its just a commercial decision, and right or wrong can be left out of the equation. Pay up, move on, forget it.

But what invariably never changes is that when people speak of wanting "justice" what they really mean is "money".
It's a bit like tenants who don't pay rent month in month out but know how to play the system and are often still living in said property up to a year later if not more. Backwards and forwards to court ...

Eventually evicted, landlord gets £5 a month off them, if that.

As you say, not worth it.

Sponsored Links
Back