Private building control Vs council

BCO's are not very good in my opinion, most fail to spot issues as they come in and have a quick look n go.

Sponsored Links
BCO's are not very good in my opinion, most fail to spot issues as they come in and have a quick look n go.

Yep I've never had an issue with my local authority BCOs. Five or six extensions, probably six inspections each. I'm lucky if they're on site for more than 2 minutes. Frequently less than 60 seconds. I take it as a compliment... In the sense that they can sniff a shonky job/site that needs real attention.

It makes me chuckle at the house buying process: that the building regs sign-off is revered by purchaser and their solicitors so much.

Whether it's an AI or a BCO (if it's one with partnering arrangements with other local authorities), if you find a good one, hang on to them.

Sponsored Links
LABC every time.

Private are a bunch of lazy shysters. Poor excuse for building inspectors. "Oh, just set up a WhatsApp between us and keep sending those photos.."
FFS:rolleyes:

Private inspectors are the favourite of lazy/crap builders and architects.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back