Pro-elec LED Lamps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally getting round to putting some under soffit lights in and am intendint to use LED bulbs. Don't need to read by them, just see where the keyhole is . . . .

Anyone any experience of these ..

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/15-led-gu10/lamp-gu10-15-led/dp/LP03899

information seems hard to come by.

Alternately any reccomendations, will need 6 or 7.

Biggest problem is SWMBO wants colour changing led lamps fitting for Xmas!

Sponsored Links
Purely based on the price, I wouldn't bother with those lamps. The brand is questionable, and good quality LED MR16 reflector lamps start at around the £10 mark. Good brands are Deltech, Exergi, Megaman, Philips, etc.

Are there any which don't exhibit the strange combination of making the room darker when you turn them on but boiling the fluid in your eyeballs if you look directly at them?

Afaict pro-elec, pro-signal, pro-power and multicomp are all essentially own brands for the premier farnell group (parent company of farnell and CPC).

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the feedback, I suppose if I try them and they don't work well I have not wasted much, if they work OK I have saved £50.

I did try one of the LED bulbs we have in the fire surround (effect lighting) and it gives out plenty of light, they came from B&Q a couple of years ago (2 for a tenner in a box) but they don't do them any more - will have to look closer and see if there is a name or rating on them.

Aside - the fire surround came with 50w halogens, one 2" away from the switch which is not easily visible, you have to feel for it, the halogens were changed before the fireplace was fitted s I did not feel like burning my fingers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back