LED Lamps

I have deliberately selected these light to light up a room. It used to have one single pendant, but that didn't do as good a job at lighting the room as downlighters do. One light is rubbish. Lots of lights are fantastic.

Sponsored Links
I did a shop fit recently where we used 7W GU10 LED lamps (620 lumen output). We designed the lighting as we would have done with halogen, and the LEDs were brighter than standard halogen.

were these a standard length? the only 7W I have found so far have been longer than GU10s, ie about 70-75mm, fine for open fittings, but dont fit most D/L

IIRC they were slightly longer than standard lamps. We were using them in GU10 heads on a track lighting system.

These types of fittings
http://www.inspiredbylight.co.uk/images/medium/oaks_medium/kx_tr_4001_wh_medium.jpg

I've been using a lot of 5W LEDs which are the same size as halogen lamps and they are really good. Not quite as bright as 50W of halogen, nearer 40W but they are bright enough to be worth buying now.

I recently bought 10x 3 watt 48 led smd gu10 lamps in warm white from ebay around 5 pounds each, I have fitted them in my hallway and have to say for a direct replacement of 50watt gu10 they are perfect and very difficult to tell the difference when in a fitting next to a standard 50watt.

The colour is virtually identical and the spread of light much better, only time will tell how long they last!!!

(Gu10 48 3528 SMD LED Light Bulb Lamp White/WarmWhite 3W)

Sponsored Links
I have installed, worked on and seen virtually every type if fitting there is. Not one of them was more suitable than 50mm 12V 50W downlighters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back