Problem installing Office 2007.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It seems loads of people get this problem but I am yet to find an answer.

A friend is trying to install a legit Office 2007. Getting a message that a cab file cant be found. I found the cabinet file on the DVD but it still says the file is missing. So, as a test I tried copying the .CAB file (called acclr.cab) to her hard drive. Windows couldnt even do that, saying the file was corrupted or similar.

I would have assumed the DVD is damaged, until I saw that loads of people have had the same issue. I also know the disk had been used successfully before today.

Anyone come across this?

Come to that, can someone send me the Access cabinet file from their install disk?

All help appreciated.

BTW, she is on Windows 7, I tried my cachine too with the same error, and I am on Vista.

Sponsored Links
It could be that an update from microsoft onto your friends PC has caused a conflict with the file on the DVD.
The easiest way to solve this problem, since the girl already owns a copy of the program would be to download it from a torrent site and crack it that way? I wouldn't suggest that normally, but since she owns a copy of it and purchased it legally, it should be no harm?

Failing that, it actually sounds like you may have an ISO image of the program? If that is the case you'll need to extract it to the computer using magicISO or something similar before installing it.

And failing that, what I would do is search your PC for the folder Access.en-us
Copy that folder into a new folder. Give the new folder the same name as the copied foler ie: Access.en-us and then when setup fails to find the file, direct it to the new folder that you created. This might work.

Good luck.

It could be that an update from microsoft onto your friends PC has caused a conflict with the file on the DVD.
The easiest way to solve this problem, since the girl already owns a copy of the program would be to download it from a torrent site and crack it that way?

And then deal with the mess of crud that is likely to be packaged with it?

Why not phone or mail Microsoft Support?

The easiest way to solve this problem, since the girl already owns a copy of the program would be to download it from a torrent site and crack it that way?

And then deal with the mess of crud that is likely to be packaged with it?

Why not phone or mail Microsoft Support?

That is speculation. There are ways of knowing for sure you know, before you download. But if that does worry you then go with one of the alternative suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the ideas. It is the original Microsoft-supplied DVD, not an iso image. I don't have Office on my machine, as I prefer open office. Will try to find someone with that file on their pc somewhere.

have you got a windows 98 disc? yes i know it seems strange but when i loaded office it said a file was missing swapped the disc to the 98 disc computer found what it wanted and carried on then it stops swap the discs over again and finish the load.
can't guarantee it will work for you but worth a try.

Back