Problem with boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
Just wondering if someone could help me please? I'm trying to get my heating working! I have a British gas 330+ and first problem I had was f11 kept appearing on the screen, so I reset the boiler and now it's f22 appearing, iv bleed all radiators in the house, all rads downstairs had water coming out, all the rads upstairs had a lot of air come out of each one but no water, i did change my shower pump a few months ago would that be anything to do with it??
Thanks in advance for any advice

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/british-gas-glow-worm-330-f22-fault.329048/#ixzz4MLHsrxkF

Sponsored Links
Hi Steve
Thanks for ur reply
Yes bled all the rads and I'm sure it says on the boiler there's 0 pressure, I don't have any valves under the boiler either to put pressure back in to it.

Sponsored Links
If there's zero pressure then it needs repressurising to at least 1 bar. On some boilers I believe the hot water will still work in this situation. Or you're using a cylinder and immersion.

Is there a pipe under the boiler joining two pipes together? Some use a solid link now instead of a flexible pipe. There will still be a valve on each end of it.

There only seems to be a greyFlexi pipe under the boiler and brass pipe which looks like the main gas pipe

Smythsamril - If your boiler pressure reads 0 and there is air in the radiators - its basically telling you the CH system (rads and pipes) are not full and need topping up with more water.

For this discussion equate pressurising to filling with water.

In essence :-

1) You need to fill the system with water
2) as you fill the system the pressure will increase
3) when the -cold pressure (eg am assuming your filling the system with boiler off) reaches around 1.5 psi - stop filling
4) bleed the radiators - as the air comes out water will come in - the pressure will drop again so run back to your boiler and top it back up to 1.5psi
5) keep repeating the procedure until all the air is out the system and a cold pressure of 1.5psi is maintained

It really is as simple as fill, bleed, fill bleed :)

The CH system will have a means of filling. Take a photo of the boiler and surrounding pipework and post it in the plumbers forum. Ask them how to fill the system - they will help.

* One final thing - as your topping up an empty system now is the time to put inhibitor in. Buy a litre of inhibitor and put in a radiator (before you fill the entire system); failing that - if you do when the system is full you will have to drain a litre of water out first.

Hope this helps

PS - checkout ultimatehanyman , plumberparts , tomplum, deriton33 videos on youtube for help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back