problem with Hot air system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Johnson & Starley, Hi-Spec J25 - hot Air system.

I'm have an issue keeping the hot air system going - I light up the pilot light and start the air system working but within 2-3 minutes the pilot light and gas will go out - there are no issues with the hot water pilot light and system working.

any help would be apreciated greatly,

cheers Lee(freezing)

Sponsored Links
sounds like either the thermocouple needs changing or, more seriously, the unit needs a good service

either way its really a job for some one competant (DAH1) in WAU

sorry

what kind of price range would you expect me to pay for the service/thermocouple?

thanks Lee

Sponsored Links
Turn the unit OFF and don't use it until its been fully checked out by a corgi with DAH on their card. The unit has a precison pilot assembly which is designed to shut off the heater off if there's a flue fault.

It may of course just be a blocked primary air port, however you have to buy the complete assembly (about £30 last time).

Unfortunately most warm air systems are poorly installed (not safe) so a straightforward "service" can end up being several hours work bringing the installation up to standard.

Make sure the circulator (the small water heater) is thoroughly cleaned out, they are notorious for blocking up and overheating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back