Problem zoning existing heating system

M

martineire

I'm currently goin to upgrade my heating system with condensing boiler/heating controls but I'm having a problem in how I'm goin to go about altering pipework for the zones. I'm living in a 2 story 3 bedroom semi-detached house. I've currently got an open vented system the boiler is a wall mounted baxi solo 2 which is downstairs and the cylinder is upstairs. The boilers flow and return tees off downstairs for the downstairs rads and for upstairs rads and cylinder but the problem is where the flow and return comes up in the hot press for the cylinder branches have already being taken off to rads before they get to cylinder (no primary flow and return from boiler directly to cylinder.) Any ideas on what's the best way in goin about altering the pipework so I can put in my 3 zones? I can put my motorised valve for my downstairs rads where they flow tees off downstairs for downstairs rads and I can put my motorised valve for my hot water on the flow at the cylinder and also the bypass there and seal the system there but the problem is how am I goin to zone my upstairs rads considering the flow and return tees of to a couple of rads before getting to the cylinder Is my only option but to run the flow and return from boiler directly to the cylinder without any tees off to rads then link in with the existing flow and return at the cylinder goin to rads. It's just that, that will require sections of the ceiling being cut out downstairs from where the boilers flow and return run to rads/cylinder in ceiling so I can alter all that pipework, it's just that it's starting to get very messy then but I see no other way around it.

Is there any experienced plumbers that can come up with an alternative solution thanks?

Sponsored Links
Look at honeywell Evo home.

There is a new version of the controller and rad valves coming out in the new year. Zoning without plumbing.

Will have Internet control too.

Sponsored Links
I'm currently goin to upgrade my heating system with condensing boiler/heating controls but I'm having a problem in how I'm goin to go about altering pipework for the zones.

Missed that bit :oops: .

Still. You know my thoughts as I have both a zoned and compensated system.

Fail to see why I should be heating a room that is empty for 18 hours a day.

if there is no way to raise the flow temp when a zone opens you are stuck with what ever the boiler is supplying, irrespective of the needs of the zone..

If there was a way to overcome that, I would say it is probably a good idea, as long as the smallest zone does not have too small a flow requirement that the pumps and boiler are put under excessive strain!

Well. We keep doors shut. That's about it. My system works a treat.
Hi dan so you are currently using this Honeywell Evo Home system and you find it very good do you? How much will the hole setup cost? I can install myself anyway

I could also get a weather compensation acting on my new boiler too?

I'm currently going to upgrade my heating system with condensing boiler/heating controls but I'm having a problem in how I'm goin to go about altering pipework for the zones.
It is NOT compulsory to zone the heating of your house just because you are fitting a new boiler.

I've got evo. But the full monty.....

Evo, hcc80r, 5 x dt92e, 1 x hr80, 1 x hb65 and on occasion the open them bridge. Just got the wall mounting bracket to.

It cost a lot.

A plain evo with a set of valves I dunno..... say £230 plus £80 for each rad.

But wait for a bit, the new ranges prices haven't been officially announced yet. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back