Problems after fitting socket convertor.

In what way, BAS, does any of that make me "easy meat" for those legions of internet rapscallions that you keep telling us about?
Your general attitude, clearly evinced by your earlier comments, is that you are not concerned about TV manufacturers eavesdropping on your conversations, keeping track of what you watch, of selling (and risk having stolen) that information, and so on.

Your general attitude is one of lack of caution - a foolish attitude.

Sponsored Links
They then send a "courier" to pick up your card along with the PIN because its been "compromised".
Indeed. The police in our area are constantly warning people about that one
I read somewhere, don't remember where. That the bank don't even know your pin. I mean, obviously they do at some level, be it in some 'super secure' database somewhere in their debit card making machine, but no bank staff have access to it, and ATMs only verify the PIN with what's encoded on your card. There's never any reason to give it to anybody, even if you know they are legitimately part of your bank (i.e. in person, in the branch)

Jeremy Clarkson printed his bank details in his sun column a few years ago. That backfired

The most recent one that I've heard of is entirely conducted by phone...the one where they stay on the line after the first scam call and when you ring your bank at their suggestion, they pretend to be your bank's security department
That doesn't work with VOIP phones. Incoming caller can't stay connected, but you can put them on hold and leave them there for ever.

Sponsored Links
In what way, BAS, does any of that make me "easy meat" for those legions of internet rapscallions that you keep telling us about?
Your general attitude, clearly evinced by your earlier comments, is that you are not concerned about TV manufacturers eavesdropping on your conversations, keeping track of what you watch, of selling (and risk having stolen) that information, and so on.

Your general attitude is one of lack of caution - a foolish attitude.

As for the first bit of the above: no, I'm not particularly "concerned" about those things, because I take all reasonable precautions, I listen to and act upon good advice and I ignore gratuitous scaremongering.

You don't know me anywhere well enough to be able to make the assessment in your final paragraph; one which you base on a snapshot of my character, opinions and attitudes contained within short pieces of prose which are primarily confined to requests for DIY assistance. But please do carry on, (Edited) because it makes for a grand spectacle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back