Problems with a bike chain

Sponsored Links
you need one of these

other places to buy them are available.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I presume this does the lot then and I just push the post through and friction holds it in place? cheer's again.

Sponsored Links
No, you will need a link to rejoin the chain, or you used to need a link unless things have changed in the last 40 yrs. :eek:

I presume this does the lot then and I just push the post through and friction holds it in place? cheer's again.

err, yeah should do, you don't need any additional hardware. You just lay the chain flat across the top screw the punch down aligning the punch with the pin in the chain, screw the punch through, pushing the pin out, take out the number of links you need to take out and reverse the operation, to re-assemble the chain, must be pretty easy.. I could do it when i was about 12. so really it must be easy.

You need to lose 'a link and a half' to allow the chain to be rejoined......knock the rivets out with a centre punch (chain on a horizontal metal surface, like vice jaws just open to receive the rivet as its pushed out).
The jointer you need is called a 'split link'.
John :)

He might e very responsible for all you know.
I saw a responsible cyclist the other day, he was responsible for making the car swerve under the artic that hit the bus................

Sponsored Links
Back