Problems with fitting architrave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We are trying to fit an architrave. Both of the walls are with a bit on an angle and the wall on the right is so close that even the smallest architrave is too big. Plese help

Attachments

• IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,221
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,691
Sponsored Links
It looks from the pictures as if you only have the thickness of the door casing before you hit the wall. I would run a piece of architrave across the top (no mitre, and simply paint the door casing at the sides.

Cheers
Richard

The normal approach is to cut, mitre then rip down the remaining architrave leg using a hand saw, circular saw or jigsaw. I tend to put these trapped legs in first because it allows me to scribe to the wall and do any trimming with a block plane without the need to deal with a trapped mitre which is always awkward

Sponsored Links
The normal approach is to cut, mitre then rip down the remaining architrave leg using a hand saw, circular saw or jigsaw. I tend to put these trapped legs in first because it allows me to scribe to the wall and do any trimming with a block plane without the need to deal with a trapped mitre which is always awkward
Would you bother with trapped legs when only the depth of the door casing is showing?

Cheers
Richard

geraldthehamster said:
Would you bother with trapped legs when only the depth of the door casing is showing?
Probably, yes.The only time I wouldn't would be on plain square edged or finger round architrave and there I would still use a scribed strip unless the strip was less than about 10mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back