Problems with"No win, no fee" help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have experience of these operators? Are there risks in using the operators who offer an insurance backed claim service, so that if you lose the fees are paid by the insurance policy?

Sponsored Links
It's just as they say: 'No win, no fee'. However, they obviously study each case in detail first and only take on the ones they are pretty certain of winning. The down side is that if you win, their cut is usually fairly hefty.

Someone tried to make a fraudulent claim against my company using one of these 'no win, no fee' firms. The claimant had to pay for the insurance in the first place and we fought off the claim so he lost his premium.
Not having learnt his lesson he soon tried to claim again using another firm and we successfully rejected that one also, so he had lost two premiums.

Not sure if this is suitable for you depending what you're claiming, my son is claiming now with CICA for criminal injuries and been told to stay away from these "No win, no fee" by many people & friends so I can't say for myself but I do listen to these experience people. You can get the CICA leaflets at the police station.

A couple previous posts here might interest you. The CICA website looks professional!

venus de milo

advise your son to make a claim through the CICB (criminal injuries compensation board) they have a web site i believe and no conviction or arrest of those involved is necessary only that your son helped police with their enquiries and did his utmost to help

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.cica.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=115,1&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

here is the web site and you can actually apply on line

i took the liberty of answering the firt few questions and it then said i may be eligible for an award and transferred me to the online application where it asks for more personal information

i know it wont be as good as having your son uninjured but if he loses wages and things i think they include that

Thermo

good advice venus, i had a couple of successful claims with the board when i was badly injured in my old job. It normally takes about a year and is worth pursuing

venus de milo

oh by the way dont go near any of those companies you see advertising on the telly (claims r us etc)

this is a different thing altogether
this is government funded to compensate the victims of serious crimes

ive been at a few of these hearings in a previous life and they really are user friendly although i would always advice proper legal representation it really is something you and your son could do together

finally

dont accept the first offer which will almost always be derisory
appeal and it will be increased at the hearing!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
i wonder how much venus got for her arms falling off? :LOL:

Masona
Your quite correct about CICA,an you can only use them if its a Criminal matter , these No Win /No lose compo cowboys are for personal injuries

Lots of good GENUINE solicitors offer a no win /no lose arrangement,they will go through your accident/complaint an tell you wether you have a case or not FREE...
these claims hotline cowboys will get you to sign a insurance policy so if your claim is bogus/thrown out THEY still get paid

petewood
counter claims are all the rage now for business owners where you sue them back for fraud

Moz said:
petewood
counter claims are all the rage now for business owners where you sue them back for fraud

Bl**dy hell I hope it never comes to that!

Back