Problems with society

Mike2007 said:
notb665 said:
Caucasian? Do anthropologists use that term anymore?

Sure they do in Cop Movies " We have a Caucasian, male, bout 260 lbs heading west on 21st street!" :LOL:

But, but, caucasian doesn't mean 'white', or even European, it's the wrong word. Start the revolution and use the correct term!

Sponsored Links
This is a translation problem.

Americans use the word "Caucasian" to mean "White" (I don't know why) but Europeans, if they use it at all, are more likely to mean someone from the Caucasus (between Russia, Turkey and Iran) which is just beyond the Eastern edges of Europe, or possibly someone from around that area, like Chechnia, Georgia, Azerbajan

JohnD said:

Americans use the word "Caucasian" to mean "White" (I don't know why) but Europeans, if they use it at all, are more likely to mean someone from the Caucasus (between Russia, Turkey and Iran) which is just beyond the Eastern edges of Europe, or possibly someone from around that area, like Chechnia, Georgia, Azerbajan

Yes, so Mike2007 is American then.

Anyway, half or more of the problem with society is people categorising themselves into a group.

notb665 said:
JohnD said:

Yes, so Mike2007 is American then.

Anyway, half or more of the problem with society is people categorising themselves into a group.
Lets not split hairs over ethnic origin and exactly what it means, remember how this thread started! Think humour my learned friend.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:

To a large degree John has it nailed, although the error goes back to anthropologists of the early Victorian era who believed Modern Europeans had first appeared in the area encompassed by the Caucasus Mountains.

Consequently they used the following categories to classify people.

Caucasian. Of white European extraction.
Negroid. Of Black african extraction.
Asian. They believed peolpes from the Indian subcontinent to be a closely related group to Caucasoid races.
Oriental. Peoples that encompassed Chinese, Japanese and related groups.
Asiatic. Peoples of the Indonesian region and Burma (Myanmar), Thailand and some Indian Ocean Islands.
Polynesian. Peoples of South America, the Pacific Islands and New Zealand.
Aboriginal. The native peoples of New Guinea, Sumatra and Australia.

In the modern world we know that this simplistic system is inaccurate and highly flawed. Unfortunately it was widely used by many law enforcement agencies around the world to classify suspects/victims by racial grouping. Some have now modified this or dropped it completely, but many have not.

With all the colours you just mentioned I feel all races should join hands, make a ring and SING!

...." I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Mike2007 said:
With all the colours you just mentioned I feel all races should join hands, make a ring and SING!

...." I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hahahahahaha :LOL: :LOL:

Very Good Mike

Sponsored Links
Back