Professor Norman Fenton (university of London)

Sponsored Links
I feel it is worth repeating.

I am sure that most people, as did I, think that when it is stated that 2% (or whatever) of the tests are false positives that that means 2% of the positive results are false positives.

It does not. It means that 2% of all tests are false positives.
So, if, say, 4% of all tests are positive, it means that 50% of the positive results are false positives.

Sponsored Links
Watch the original video of this topic(1st post)
1min 45 seconds to 1minute 55seconds in the video)
https://guide2research.com/u/norman-fenton

I think there is an issue between the ONS who creates the stats and the media team who create the graphics. The issue with stats is that unless you can see the Raw data and how it was collected / created you are always going to have some form of interpretation.

https://guide2research.com/u/norman-fenton

I think there is an issue between the ONS who creates the stats and the media team who create the graphics. The issue with stats is that unless you can see the Raw data and how it was collected / created you are always going to have some form of interpretation.
The ONS don’t create the stats.
As we have seen data can be collected (not created) and then exaggerated,manipulated etc.
It’s the source of the data that is the true story but as members of the public we would never have access to that hence why people like the msn and government can do what they do.

I am sure that most people, as did I, think that when it is stated that 2% (or whatever) of the tests are false positives that that means 2% of the positive results are false positives.

So, if, say, 4% of all tests are positive, it means that 50% of the positive results are false positives.

I am, as you all well know, incredibly stoopid.

If any 50/50 test that can only possibly have 1 of 2 outcomes is proven to be inaccurate, then I want the test that proves that test to be inaccurate first.

I feel that only this way can we cut out the inaccuracy of the inaccurate test.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n823

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/how-accurate-are-lateral-flow-tests

its a big money spinner for those connected to testing labs...ie Tory mates

By jove he's got it...

the stupid ones are the people who havent had the vaccine.

its only a little needle, now stop being a scaredy cat and get it done.
Oh no he hasn't :rolleyes:

By the time 'they' decide that there will have to be regular jab, you'll be putting junkies to shame and big pharma will be raking it in is as the pushers!

But hey, if it's as 'good' as you say it is then you and all the other easily led ones will be giving us all 'herd immunity' anyway (y)

How does Elle account for the current infection rate & death rate in the Uk compared with the rest of Europe then?
C9671621-7C8F-423C-B7A3-8C7A5648E09D.png

I'm getting a migraine.

Dangee,

Re: the table.

Time is a factor. Recently Portugal was the worst. It comes and goes at different times in different places.

It's possible that overall (with a few exceptions) that each country will end up roughly the same.

I'm getting a migraine.
Wait until you get morning sickness...

You can then reach out for the Thalidomide...

It was thought to be perfectly safe at one time apparently :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back