Property Developers

masona said:
oilman said:
In that case, whatever made you buy it?
:LOL:
:D This needs to go onto the hall of fame that needs to be created for this post, had a real good laugh at this. Make sure he doesn't come to try and buy your house next.

Sponsored Links
hmmmmm!

I didn't think it was a fairy tale though.

Mark Smith said:
I understand that the Government a proposing a Naming and Shaming the these companies which is an EXCELLENT idea. Separate the good and bad.
But it is this government in the first place has destroyed the building industry. When I done 7 years apprentice at my building college, I repeat 7 years not 6 months as they do now. This stupid government decided to kick out the building apprentenceship training and replaced it with University student instead, where the logic in that ? We are so short of tradesman.

Sponsored Links
Oh, didn't you know? It is far more important that a builder spend 3 years studying the theory of building a house than actually learning how to build houses... :confused:

So do brickies wear a mortarboard when they graduate? ;)

Arrggghhhh!! Now I'm BRICKING it.

I understand that the Government a proposing a Naming and Shaming the these companies which is an EXCELLENT idea. Separate the good and bad.

You haven't grasped it yet. You REALLY think they are going to do this?

THINK!!! (You should have seen the road signs telling you to do this).

Think PFI.

Balfor Beatty built the collapsing Heathrow Link tunnel.

Jarvis (Chairman Steven Norris) maintainer of Hatfield etc railway line, now taking over schools

Have the government named and shamed them? and if they have, so what?

When a man holds himself out as having a particular skill, such skill that would normally be shown be one possessing such a skill. The man would know that any representation made by him would be relied upon by the house purchaser and therefore would be a misresentation.

What on earth does this mean? It's not even English. The second sentence says that if anyone says anything that someone else relied on, it must be a misrepresentation. (I've corrected your mis-spelling)

Any posting made by me are only a matter of opinion and therefore make no representation or accept any liability for its accuracy or completeness unless expressly stated to the contrary.

Plain English would be better. Trying to use pseudo-legal jargon is pointless especially when it's not correct. I doubt you can just deny liability for all your cock-ups, this would be decided by "what interpretation a reasonable man" would make.

You may not have represented your case well here, but it does seem like one of those unjustified compensation cases for someone who should have known better.

Why would a skilled craftsmen not notice:-

Broken tiles in the bathroom

Missing tiling

Missing grouting

Fire door overcut

Missing Screws on door hinges

Missing Mortar Joints

Missing Roof tiles

Perhaps you would like to explain

This is stupid, you wouldn't have to be a skilled craftsman to notice these things. If you noticed them AND you bought it, however you may well be stupid. To buy a house with cracked drains or poor foundations is one thing, but to buy a new house with roof tiles missing is madness. You didn't have to buy it.

CONSUMERS SEEM TO GET THE RAW END OF THE DEAL

OH NO THEY DON'T!!!! Consumers have legal protection against poor goods and services. Tradesmen have little protection against lunatic, or dishonest customers. Any tradesmen disagree?

What do you do (or did you do to earn a living)?
Would you also publish your name and address as I don't want to become another victim. (Before you ask, no, I won't publish mine).

oilman said:
Any tradesmen disagree?
I'm with you on this one, Oilman

What do you do (or did you do to earn a living)?
Overpaid lawyer maybe ?

I remembered when we built a new house on a building site, the new owner took us to court because the front garden grass was over 100mm (4") in height, they won and the new owner was a solicitor. I give up, the grass wasn't that high..........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back