Proposed Kitchen wiring plan

Swidders - rgr, the cables run under the bathroom floor and are "supported by a few "X" braces between the joists. They only cross one joist and pass through a notch, they are cable clipped to the notch as they pass over it.

Sponsored Links
Probably fine - the spark I use was more concerned about me clipping cables above insulation I'd installed between floors.

I noticed that when he laid cable, he didn't clip them and ran through vacant pipe notches. What a hypocrite :LOL: :LOL:

Pity I had to re-route a couple of them since the pipe notches were only left vacant until I used them for my pipes :rolleyes:

Right, bad news its all on the same ring. Shame as really I'm not adding any more than was there before. But I see that overloading the ring could be a possibility.

The only additions I was planning to make was the provision of two more FCUs to improve on the current situation which was just having the appliances plugged into regular sockets.

Sadly there are no vacant slots on the CU, so that will no doubt need to be changed too. I think I read somewhere here that it could be possible to have all the lights on one circuit. If that's the case then I could maybe free up a slot there - Is this a possibility?

I take it the fact that nobody has criticised my intended use of a 32A DP switch as a cooker switch means it is a fine and proper thing to do! :)

Either that or thread hijackers get short shrift here :)

Liam

Sponsored Links
What about using the existing 6mm² cooker cable to feed a 32A radial circuit for the heavier appliances?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back