protecting pipes against freezing/bursts etc.+ cm 907

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just fitted and wired up a honeywell cm 907 programmable thermostat in the hallway to replace the segment timeclock in the boiler...
and are just trying to set it up to protect the pipes from freezing/bursting this yr unlike last yr!
1) in the slider off position the heating will only come on in the frost protection facility when the room temp drops to 5 degrees or less.
2) in the manual position it comes on at whatever temperature you set it at or below...ive left it tonight at 6.5 degrees room temp.
3) in the auto position it gives you 6 time settings per day to come on at + at what temperature you require..but no off time ? the manual user guide doesnt explain this any clearer,until i figure it out properly to programme the times i require on/off i will just use it on manual at low enough temperature...can anybody explain any clearer how to programme the on/off times any clearer with the cm 900(907)
4) the house is currently unoccupied so what would be the best way to use the central heating system for these prevention measures ? programme it to come on hour at night + in the morning, also is there owt wrong with leaving slider in off position relying on the frost protection facility to kick in at 5 degrees or less room temp ? or finally leave it in manual at a low temp like i have done tonight at 6.5 degrees or so...cheers again guys scimping on the bills isnt in my mind but prevention is paramount importance :)

Sponsored Links
You need to stop thinking in terms of on/off.

You have comfort and set-back.

If the place is empty, you change change the minimum off temperature to 14 degrees and that will help keep the damp out of the building too.

This is in the installer mode menu - "7: LP" IIRC.

You could also use the holiday function if you know when the place will be occupied again within 99 days.

all up and running now with the new cm 907 :) what a great facility to control the heating after using a segment timeclock on the boiler! which wasnt working properly and in pooor condition, found an happy medium target temp 12 degrees which is keeping the house warm enough & well aired + can relax more so now against the threat of frozen pipes this year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back