Protecting window panes

joe,

You have just confirmed my point. I always use 120 grit followed by 180 or 240 before applying any paint. On occasion I will use 300 grit, which has always been more than fine enough to produce a glass smooth finish.

I basically told Mrs T that 240 is suitable for her needs (just providing a key) and that there is no need to go so fine as 400 and you both jumped down my throat.

Sponsored Links
Well you would be both wrong, although it does not come as any suprise.

Dec

joe,

You have just confirmed my point. I always use 120 grit followed by 180 or 240 before applying any paint. On occasion I will use 300 grit, which has always been more than fine enough to produce a glass smooth finish.

I basically told Mrs T that 240 is suitable for her needs (just providing a key) and that there is no need to go so fine as 400 and you both jumped down my throat.

So you apply any paint system starting with 120 and then followed by 180 to 240 and even indeed on occasion 300. You must indeed prefer to apply any paint system to a surface of which the paint will probably fail to bond with.

Dec

Sponsored Links
Every method is about science - that's why it is called a method.

You can't bear being wrong can you?

Well I'm sorry for causing such a dispute but wwe managed to get the woodwork finished today after all the rain that did come on the weekend. I have to say that the sandpaper we used did work fine and there are no scratches to speak of that we can see, so thank-you to those who said it was allright which was reassuriing. I'm sure the other sandpaper would have worked too.
Perhaps I had better not ask any more silly questions for a little while so as not to cause arguments and we don't have lots more work to do around the house anyway, only the spare room.
Thank-you
Maggie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back