Protection from Theft / Vandals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently replaced a gas feed to a boiler which is routed up from ground floor to first floor on the outside os a house. the original feed was ripped pout by tatters for the 2.5 meters of 22mm copper that would go a long way i am sure.
so this new pipe is less likely to be ripped out i have thought of fitting a u shaped steel capping over it but cannot source a product to do the job do you know of any thing that would do the job? i have thought of using denso over the feed to make it less desirable can you still get this ?
ta in advance

Sponsored Links
yes you can still get denso

you could advise to get it installed in M.I as it is only 2.5 m

Or you could encase it in some lead flashing. Then it's be safe from the gyppos :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
They do make a pvc capping, I've seen BT use it on telegraph poles that you could probably fit a pipe behind.
If you covered the whole pipe they couldnt see the copper ;)

Could repost in electrics?

paint is an option similar to denso. Mi was considered but as i am not kitted out for it i went with Cu.
hiding the pipe wasnt the aim but putting a barrier that would take some Effort to get past was, i suspect plastic would give up its contents easily
Wrap it in lead :LOL:
what's LSC ? scuse ignorance ta

use black mild steel pipe and saddle clips until you get into the building then go back into copper

Might require a bit of threading though depends if you are equipped with dies

use black mild steel pipe and saddle clips until you get into the building then go back into copper

Pipe saddle clips are not an acceptable means of fixing the pipe. :rolleyes:

Pipe saddle clips are not an acceptable means of fixing the pipe. :rolleyes:

why cant you use saddle clips for MI pipe?, they are not allowed when fixing copper to cement/concrete but what is the issue with MI?

if you need an elbow -it will :idea: School Board clips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back