PTZ - "Grey" Screen of Death?

finally found it online.... it was a Swann PRO-750 700 TVL Pan Tilt Zoom Dome Camera

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I finally ended up with the ANNKE 720P High-speed Mini-dome CCTV Security Camera (3X Zoom, Outdoor, Night Vision)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VV91AZS/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

And I installed it yesterday.

The camera works ok, the picture is not amazingly, but I was not expecting anything too special at the £100 price point for a PTZ!

One issue I am having is with the PTZ control. I have connected the PTZ wires to my Hikvision DVR but the DVR will not move the camera. The camera seems to have sufficient power to move its motors as it goes through a pan and scan procedure on first power up. But once it settles the DVR cannot command the PTZ to move. So I am presuming that this is a software issue.

Can anyone advise on what I need to look for to resolve this?

Thanks

What connections do you have for the ptz ? ( old school 2 for data 2 for power and coax ) or power and coax only ? The ptz will need A an address normally 000-254 and a protocol e.g. Pelco p / d , may also need a baud rate
It may support hik vision coaxitron ( up the coax ) but you need to set the ptz for this

What connections do you have for the ptz ? ( old school 2 for data 2 for power and coax ) or power and coax only ? The ptz will need A an address normally 000-254 and a protocol e.g. Pelco p / d , may also need a baud rate
It may support hik vision coaxitron ( up the coax ) but you need to set the ptz for this

Hi, it is connected old school with 4 connections... 12V power, BNC video and +v / -ve wire for PTZ control. I have checked that the PTZ +ve and -ve wires are the correct way around.

The PTZ is set as camera #1 on my 8-channel DVR and the configuration is currently set as Pelco D with a baud rate of 9600.

Does the ptz manual say what the default setting was ? Or did assume it was the same as the Swann ptz ? Have you set anything on the ptz ?

Does the ptz manual say what the default setting was ? Or did assume it was the same as the Swann ptz ? Have you set anything on the ptz ?

Thanks for the tips. After a lot of searching I finally found the default settings. A baud rate of 2400b was required. It now works! YAY!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back