Public access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question please do permitted development requests to a local planning authority go on the local public access website for anyone to view. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't think so. You're asking for confirmation that your intended construction is permitted development, no need for expense of public consultation cos if it is pd any objections would be irrelevant.Have a look at your local council planning site...

Sponsored Links
Sorry woody pd application is that better ?
You don't apply for PERMITTED development, if you've got your design right it is PERMITTED. You can apply for a Certificate of Lawful Development (the planners have a look at your sketch and send you a letter saying yes it's PD or no it's not).

Oh here's the situation
2 storey side extension pp has been approved with a condition that my pd rights will be taken away as soon as I commence the side extension. So what the architect is doing is getting a LDC for a 6 metre rear single extension extension. Then ( negotiating ) with the lpa to get a LDC for just a 3 metre rear extension under pd ..that way we get the side and rear. Make sense or is the architect wrong .

The 6 metre thing is neighbour consultation so may well go on the website or may just be letters to the neighbours, not sure about that.
I can understand your architects strategy.

Oh here's the situation
So what the architect is doing is getting a LDC for a 6 metre rear single extension extension.

Then ( negotiating ) with the lpa to get a LDC for just a 3 metre rear extension under pd ..that way we get the side and rear. Make sense or is the architect wrong .

I doubt your architect is applying for an LDC for a 6m extension, as he wont get approval as it wont be lawful development. He may be applying under the Neighbour Consultation scheme for larger extensions - and if so you should hope that your neighbour does not object. And also hope that the LPA don't want to call in the application and assess it in context of your previous planning approval for the side extension.

Also your architect wont be negotiating for an LDC for anything, as it's not negotiable. The application is either PD or it's not, and that's how it will be assessed. And I don't know why your architect is applying for anything that is PD anyway, because as the name suggests it's already permitted - but perhaps your architect just wants the extra fees?

Neighbour consultations and LDC applications are part of the planning history recorded against the property

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back