United Kingdom
Northumberland - The Olde Ship, Seahouses
South Devon Coast - Journeys End, Ringmore

Please contribute?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Journeys end - Ringmore. Wife & I spent our honeymoon there long time ago

Define "pub", John.
Somewhere that serves excellent beer, but better if you keep your eyes shut?
A beautiful setting?
Serves excellent food?
Etc etc etc.

Philharmonic Hope St Liverpool, Victorian grandeur, good ale & grub, keen prices

Sponsored Links
Define "pub", John.
Somewhere that serves excellent beer, but better if you keep your eyes shut?
A beautiful setting?
Serves excellent food?
Etc etc etc.

For me and my advancing years, it's no longer spit and sawdust.....good food essential, friendly ambience and atmosphere.
The two I've mentioned are certainly worth a visit if you are in the vicinity!

John

I'm slightly confused by your thread.

Are you going on two separate holidays to Seahouses and Devon? Is it one hol to both places? Have you been to the two pubs you mention and want similar? Or, you haven't been to these pubs and want to know if they're any good? Someone has recommended one in Liverpool, so are you looking for pubs between your two locations?

:confused:

Can't recommend Tripadvisor forums enough for getting the inside knowledge of both locals and experts.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186350-i1580-Northumberland_England.html

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186250-i623-Devon_England.html

Sorry for the confusion....just thinking summery thoughts :p
The Olde Ship is just down the road from me.....I'm fortunate enough to have a weekend place on this coast, so if I have a local, this is it.
I love Devon, although its a long way from me .....I discovered Journeys End years ago, and the memory has stuck.
Certainly have some respect for TripAdvisor though....if only for the laughs!

Summery thoughts. Devon. Now you're talking. Devon is my favourite county, a bit less of a trek for me though. Don't know Ringmore, know the areas west of the Moor (Tavistock) and north (Hatherleigh, Okehampton). Great place to get lost in the hilliest county in The UK.

The Kenilworth, Rose St, Edinburgh. Great food, beer and a nice atmosphere. Great on a dreich day in Scotland's capital. ;) ;)

Not one to be recommended.
HalalInnMEN_468x284.jpg

And yes it is a real pub. :rolleyes:

Obviously, the insecure apologists haven't seen that yet.

Give it time!

For fanciers of the North Lakes.....
The George, Keswick, serving Jennings Cumberland ale :D
The Pack Horse, Keswick, not serving Jennings Cumberland ale :(

The Kings Arms, Luxulyan in Cornwall, my friends daughter treated us to lunch, something a little different on offer when we went, (Pasty pizza anyone?) tends to be a little off the beaten track for a lot of tourists so slightly quieter I think.

The young lady who treated us, also used to work there, sadly she was asked to leave after her horse followed her into work one evening..... :eek:

The Ship - Porthleven.
Porkys - Renfrew (closed down).

Globe Inn - Jennifer Snecklifter @8.2% was a treat. 7 pins of that stuff was all I could manage. Didn't dare drive for a whole day after that little session.
Great pubs in their respective fields. :D

Sponsored Links
Back