pull switch alternative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there an alternative to ceiling mounted pull cord in the bathroom zones??. I have considered a PIRsensor. I already have a cord in the ensuite in which im working, and didnt want another, also I cannot piece into the existing cord which operates extractor. I also didnt want the standard shaving light. Mmm, I'm being a bit picky aren't I.....

Sponsored Links
No you arnt..You know what you are trying to do...its just how..

What sort of switch would you like to have, and in which zone?

And what does "I cannot piece into the existing cord which operates extractor" mean?

artgeezer said:
Is there an alternative to ceiling mounted pull cord in the bathroom zones??. I have considered a PIRsensor. I already have a cord in the ensuite in which im working, and didnt want another, also I cannot piece into the existing cord which operates extractor. I also didnt want the standard shaving light. Mmm, I'm being a bit picky aren't I.....

Is this any good?

http://www.ipuppeteer.com/products/infrared.html

Sponsored Links
Hi,
What I meant by not being able to piece into the extractor cord was that I wanted a light switch independent of the extractor/shower light unit, so as to be able to use the en-suite without switching this unit on.
I like the infra red switch Idea, a bit like PIR. Maybe I should just put in another ceiling switch. Mmm, I'm sure there is another simple solutionout there.
The light will be in zone 2 or 3, this is not a problem as they are mini LED's designed for these zones. Just the switch thats getting me...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back