Pulling the main fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming no extraction of electricity, what offence other than criminal damage to a seal does someone commit when they cut one?

Anyone know?

:?:

Sponsored Links
Possible prosecution under the ESQCR for tampering with DNO equipment.

my main fuse has no seal on it , scottish power removed it and they have bean back 4 times and nobody has resealed it.

Sponsored Links
If you've cut the seal how do you prove you haven't stolen electric?

If you don't cut it you can't be prosecuted

warning.jpg

it's easy enough to steal electricity anyway..

of course this is just theory and not something I condone or have ever done..

i've always though the way to steal leccy and get away with it would be to stay away from the meter area and make your connections somewhere less noticable such as underground.

That's a fair point RF, but is that the offence that is used, or is there another one specifically for cutting seals/removing fuses.

Chris.

Why don't you phone up your DNO and ask them :LOL:

I'm curious as to why you want to/have cut the seals. All legal reasons for doing so can be arranged with a quick phone call to the DNO.

They don't plaster the area around the meter/service fuse with warnings for fun.

IMGP2214.jpg

It's a hypothetical question I assure you, but it did come up on the IET forum and no one there seemed to have a definite answer.

I've no doubt that there IS an offence, but surely someone must be able to tell me what it is.

Err no, ringing the DNO doesn't sound like a good idea, because I haven't got all day to stand by the phone and I had the idea that one of you guys might know the answer. :)

You mean this bit?

Offences
35. Any generator, distributor, supplier, or meter operator or any agent, contractor or sub-contractor of any of the foregoing who fails to comply with any provision of these Regulations which applies to him, any person who fails to comply with regulation 18(3), 21, 22 or 25(1) and any consumer who fails to comply with regulation 8(4) or 34(2) shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back