Pump fallen to bits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just been to go in the shower and found no water pressure so i checked the taps and cold is fine but hot is only a trickle. I open the boiler up (Sime Friendly combi) and find that the bottom of the pump has come away from the body. The heating still seems to be working but the water is not. There are no leaks luckily from the pump itself. Can the body just be replaced on the pump instead of having to remove the pipework? Im guessing a grundfos would be ok in its place. Are these types of pump expensive to replace?
Heres a pic of it.
DSC07333.jpg

Sponsored Links
you could tape the box back onto the pump, if its working the wiring is obviously ok. no need to replace.(might be worth turning power off while you do it)

Looks like a Myson or now called circulating pumps, pump.

Whether a standard pump head would fit, I do not know. Usually best to stick to original when replacing.

There is no flow to the hot water taps though. Its strange how it has just dropped off. I would guess that it should still work even though its seperated, is there something else stopping the hot water coming then??

Sponsored Links
Does this pump the water round the rads aswell as the hot water to the taps?? I will definatly get it replaced, its just now not so much of a worry of getting it replaced because we have no hot water. Wont need an emergancy call out added on top of the bits.

Your pump does the same for both CH and for DHW.

Tape it up as told!

If the boiler is not responding to a demand for DHW then its a diverter valve fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back