Pure plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone used the thistle pure skim finish.

It is supposed to alter the air quality in the room.

I am doing my extension and doing my own plastering. This product sounds interesting.

If anyone has used it does it give noticeable benefits?

Not sure on price but it will be more expensive

Sponsored Links
Haven't seen it before, but I wonder how much it will absorb before it becomes overloaded. And how would you know if it's working or not unless you just did one room.

Give it a go, and then report back.

Thistle PureFinish

To provide a plaster skim finish with ACTIVair technology Used to finish most common backgrounds including undercoat plasters and plasterboard.

A finish plaster with ACTIVair technology. Can be used to finish most common backgrounds including undercoat plasters and plasterboard. Suitable for application by hand or mechanical plastering machines. Coverage based on 2mm thickness. Supplied in full pallets only on non-returnable wooden pallets. Nominal pack weight 25kg bags. Conforms to EN 13279-1.

Work it out for yourselves as I am flummoxed !!!!

It's designed to absorb VOCs and stuff that might irritate you. But if you were to paint it, would that reduce it's absorbency.

Sponsored Links
If it would work in our Local's Gents bog - it would be brilliant.:unsure:l

I was in Portugal a few years ago, and their gents were as clean as anything. A sensor on the urinal detected when you moved away, and flushed a small amount of water out. Over here, so many blokes seem to stand a foot away from the urinal, and so pee on the floor. I suspect they're trying to keep their trousers away from the urinal, and are too stupid to realise they've just pee'd on their shoes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back