Purlins for my new garage roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of building a new garage and I'm trying to source where I can get some wood purlins for my pitched roof.
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Richard

Sponsored Links
Hmmmm, tricky one. You need some timber for purlins, erm, have you tried erm, no I can't think where you'd get timber from.
Sorry.

Yes yes ok I know I could buy the timber and then make some, but my carpentry skills aren't that great hence why I wanted to buy some ready made, plus also I have no idea how I would go about making them!!!

I may be reading this wrong but timber merchants dont sell trees.. they sell sawn/cut timber; have you triied B&Q? Alsfords? Stamco? actually dont use B&Q as it would be faster to grow a tree..

Sponsored Links
Richard326 said:
Hi,

I'm in the process of building a new garage and I'm trying to source where I can get some wood purlins for my pitched roof.
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Richard
Any timber mearchent should have timber purlen,s.DIY store not.Look into yellow pages for timber merchant,s in your area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back