Push catches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Hope someone can help (as me = clueless :rolleyes: )

Anyway, I have been advised to get some push catches for some hideous built in cupboards in my bedroom to minimise the fact that they are cupboards (as they are asymmetrical) but I don't really know which ones to choose, or how to fit them (but I guess that will be on the pack?).

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

My cupboards do stick a little bit but I'd imagine this can be resolved by lightly plaining the side which is sticking?

Thank you in advance. :D

Sponsored Links
Some of the simplest catches, but which hold the door really well are these from Screwfix.....27007.
The door doesn't need drilling, they mount externally and a couple on each door will hold them well.
You're right, the doors will need easing with a plane before you start.
John :)

Thank you, and thanks for the item number too. :D

Sorry for being dumb but what do you mean by mount externally? They go on the inside, right? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hello girlie..

When Burner says externally he means surface mounted ie no holes to be drilled into the door to fit the catch.
This catch goes inside the cupboard, the bit with the 2 rollers on fits on the frame and the other on the door.

As for delivery, surely theres a SF or 5 in manchester you could get them from ;)

Hello girlie..

When Burner says externally he means surface mounted ie no holes to be drilled into the door to fit the catch.
This catch goes inside the cupboard, the bit with the 2 rollers on fits on the frame and the other on the door.

As for delivery, surely theres a SF or 5 in manchester you could get them from ;)

Okay thanks. And will the cupboards open when you push on the door?

Oh and d'oh! I just assumed they were a web based retailer, turns out there is one a mile from my house :rolleyes: :D

You want something like this set up, which means no handles.
http://www.salicedirect.com/acatalog/200_Series_Push_To_Open_Cabinet_Hinges.html

You need the hinges to snap close the door and the push to open latch device to push to open
Your best googling or ringing around companies that do this stuff like Kitchen,bedroom, cabinets etc.....
I know Ikea do a barrel type push to open device and even though I hate the place :evil: it's quite good :oops:

That's not true!
The barrels push the door out about 40-50mm so you can then put your fingers around the door.
I've just fitted some!

http://www.salicedirect.com/acatalog/200_Series_Push_To_Open_Cabinet_Hinges.html

You need the hinges to snap close the door and the push to open latch device to push to open
Your best googling or ringing around companies that do this stuff like Kitchen,bedroom, cabinets etc.....
I know Ikea do a barrel type push to open device and even though I hate the place :evil: it's quite good :oops:

Thanks.

Do you know if the Ikea ones will solve this problem? I.e. so I can take the handles off and they will press to open?

Are you referring to these? If so, will these work on big cupboards (not little kitchen cabinets)?

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70134242

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back