Push fit connector - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a pack of push fit reducing connectors like the one below to fit on the pipes in my fridge/freezer

http://www.theworkshopwarehouse.co....couplings-reducing-straights-metric-2634.html

I shoved each end of the pipes into each end of the connector and turn on the water and its leaking out one side. But I can't get the damn thing off.

A) why could it be leaking? The cables are already clean cut.
B) if I need to get it off how do I without cutting the cable?
C) what am i doing wrong?

Cheers! :confused:

K

Sponsored Links
I'm confused but have you tried compressing the ends of the fitting to release the pipe, or cable or whatever it is you are connecting on your freezer????? :confused:

View media item 45922That ring should push in towards the body of the fitting, allowing you to dismount the fitting from the pipe.

Have you used inserts? From the John Guest website:
Plastic Tube - Polyethylene, nylon and polyurethane conforming to the tolerances shown below. For soft tubing or thin wall tube we recommend the use of tube inserts.

Sponsored Links
Inserts, stiffeners, liners:

211RSlTMx6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back