push timers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone suggest one for a 1300w heater outside a pub for smokers i have fitted 2 and both have stopped working they were suitable for 1400 w

Sponsored Links
Use the timer to switch a contactor rated for use with inductive loads.

If the heaters are those red halogen types, then they have a high inrush current and will weld switch contacts shut for fun.

What a hideously wasteful and inappropriate use of electricity. Why dont smokers just quit? Or sell nicorette patches behind the bar! This would make the pub money, instead of burning it trying to warm the entire planet up for a few of their customers to die a little earlier.

Can you tell I'm anti smoking? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yeah, thats really going to encourage customers to spend their money in that pub :rolleyes: . Do any of you people actually live in the real world?

Do any of you people actually live in the real world?

No but I visit from time to time. :LOL:

I also smoke. During the recent cold spell I've had to step outside to the smoking area to and endured the cold to get my fix. I would never expect the pub to provide me with outdoor heating.

My suggestion of a coin operated timer was serious. It would stop people turning the heater on if it wasn't really needed, and might provide a bit of payback if it really is cold.

Not many of them... sadly the same goes for MPs as well...

I've long thought there should be a get out clause with this smoking ban thing, where if the pub wants to make a dedicated bar room a smoking area they should be able to provided they install a negative pressure ventillation system... afterall its whats used to contain asbestos fibres to an area during removal works, should be good enough to contain a bit of smoke :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back