Putin, arse, elbow

Putins Russia doesn't have the capability of subduing UKraine never mind the UK.
Some recent propaganda

USA - 30% of Russia's army has been destroyed

Ukraine who want more weapons
Ukrainian officials stated that Russian forces have already committed about 330,000 servicemen to their invasion of Ukraine without conducting partial or full-scale mobilization in Russia. Ukrainian General Staff Main Operations Deputy Chief Oleksiy Gromov stated that Russian forces grouped 150,000 servicemen into battalion tactical groups (BTGs) and other formations and involved additional 70,000 troops from air and sea elements,

Actual facts in this general subject - we don't know. Same applies to equipment and supplies.

All we do know is that Russia controls more area than it did and this area increases from time to time. We don't know what this means long term but it currently suggests Ukraine is loosing. Neither the west or Ukraine will admit that.

It all started with Kyiv really. Could Russia "capture it". Yes by flattening it. They didn't and what they did there didn't cause Ukraine to give up. Compare that with Mariupol that Russia really did want. News around that time - Russia had complete control of the city but not a steel works within it. That aspect used to state that Russia didn't have control of the city when the steel works was bound to fall at some point.

Well they want all of Donbas and the access routes that they currently have to Crimea. Maybe they will talk then but Ukraine wont accept that situation. Putin says if not he will capture some more.

It's all a fluid situation and nigh on impossible for us to have a very clear idea of what is actually going on or how things will finish up. Depends who you listen to. Ukraine is doing great, Russia is doing great and the west is too.

Sponsored Links
have you not seen the price of petrol?
did you know the world is running out of sunflower and wheat
You have changed your tune Notch.
It was only recently you were sneering at Russia as a micky mouse economy.

I pointed out that Russia had the capacity to inflict substantial economic damage on western countries and you accused me of being pro Putin.

The latest western concern is Ukraine becoming stale news. It happens what ever the subject is. This has been Ukraine's worry as well.

So the new head of the army sends a letter out telling UK troops to prepare themselves for fighting Russians on European soil. Letter sent to loads of people - all troops by the sound of it. Reporters do not see this means sending Brit troops into Ukraine .

Then a message from who knows who. Be prepared for it to go long term and Ukraine must continue to receive help throughout. Also rebuilding the place as it is now an economic mess. Seems Boris has echoed must bring Russia to it's knees - Labrov says "Bring it on".

Meanwhile Russia having a bit of rest launches a few missiles at fuel dumps and supplies. Various pockets of fighting going on if the reports are correct. War In Ukraine reckons both sides have fought themselves to a standstill. Could Russia be resupplying and giving troops a bit of a rest or have they?

Ukraine records a phone call that says a Russian battle group only has 15 people in it shortly after saying they are heavily outnumbered. I wonder if they were meant to record it or made it up. Or it might be true.

Meanwhile number 2 - the looming food and fertiliser crisis gets nearer and nearer. Russia offered a solution - no discussion about it at all so pass. UN view - it's all Russia's fault which it is. All concerned will have been aware of this problem early on. Prices of a number of things are causing problems in a number of countries.The UN man who organised evacs has been trying to work on this areas - nothing what so ever coming out so far.

It is sad that the public interest in the Russo/Ukraine war is starting to wane.
It just goes to show that most people are only concerned about issues that affect them directly.
Maybe that explains public indifference to the protocol nonsense.

Sponsored Links
You have changed your tune Notch.
It was only recently you were sneering at Russia as a micky mouse economy.

I pointed out that Russia had the capacity to inflict substantial economic damage on western countries and you accused me of being pro Putin.
It is a mickey mouse economy

the damage it is inflicting is because of the war in Ukraine

the war which Ukraine is winning

strategically Russia has already lost -I know thats upsetting for you

It is a mickey mouse economy
It's one of the few that ran with a decent surplus. - Or did might turn out to be the way to look at it.

UK and USA have more or less given up trying to achieve that.

It does not have the military capacity to take over occupy the entire hostile country
The USA Uk haven't been very successful at that have they? Did Russia ever intend to take over all of Ukraine - fine by me if you want to believe that but afraid I don't.

The comes can they control any they do annex if any at all.

The USA Uk haven't been very successful at that have they? Did Russia ever intend to take over all of Ukraine - fine by me if you want to believe that but afraid I don't.

The comes can they control any they do annex if any at all.

of course they did that was the intent they thought the ukraine would all fall apart

what like the russians have not done it before check out yer history google it ;)

if you want to believe other wise please yer self who cares and tbh I have zero absolutely zero interest in yer views opinions or posts on this subject

the USA have carried out military operations thousands of miles from the US with intial success

the russians only had to hop over there own borders

Last edited:
they wouldnt have committed a 40km convoy of military vehicles on its way to capture Kyiv otherwise
THat strangely moved having run out of fuel, been attacked and all sorts while the Russians were having a party in the adjacent woods.

If people want to think Russia thought Kyiv in particular might just fall over I wouldn't disagree with that. It didn't.

This page uses a strategic study group. You can scroll to the end of it and back track the war. Part way up you will find this

• Ukrainian forces defeated a Russian operation to isolate Kyiv from the west, recapturing the Hostomel military airport from Russian VDV (Airborne) troops after several counterattacks throughout the day.
  • Russian forces are rapidly advancing north from Crimea, securing Kherson city. Their deepest penetration to date is about 60 kilometers.
News sources at the time were Kyiv, Kyiv and neglecting what else was going on. The page also mentions what was said early on and gives an opinion before Putin did his stuff. News picks out what is likely to grab attention. Propaganda from all sorts adds to that. It's pretty clear Russia's aim was Donbas and Crimea aspects. Not that this means they will succeed or that how they have gone about it is sensible.

More nonsense

The convoy - well that is what it did do. Why's etc. I don't have a clue and neither do you.

it is not at all clear that was the original aim early this year.
The same page also mentions what was actually said. Some channels do report what Russia actually said from the source along with a translation. Some also reflect that by repeating what was said in English. The sections at the end of the link do reflect that. Some of the Russian reports also reflect what they decided to call it - not that I agree with what they say they have achieved. Their progaganda is intended tor their own people, drug addicts and nazi's etc.

Sponsored Links
Back