Putin, arse, elbow

There doesn't seem to be an embargo on selling assets.
McDonald's sold its Russian business in May and has been rebranded as "Vkusno & tochka." Vkusno & tochka's owner is planning to open 1,000 restaurants in under five years.

Surprised me. I thought they would just seize them as and when they wanted. McDonald's is small fry compared with the $b's of western assets there. Pundits thought they would just take them over and say thanks very much. Not much use unless they can sell some of the produce though.

Sponsored Links
What goods cannot be imported from Russia to the EU?
The list of sanctioned products includes among others:

Note imported - not in transit. Pass on what that means. Diplomatic solutions have been mentioned probably becuase it might result in an unfortunate tit for tat. Time will tell.

St Petersburg docks are absolutely enormous going on the small part I saw. It appears to run all year, icebreakers may figure.
I'd've thought Icebreakers would operate from Murmansk or Archangel. Didn't their aircraft carrier wheeze out of St. Petersburg?

Sponsored Links
What goods cannot be imported from Russia to the EU?
The list of sanctioned products includes among others:

Note imported - not in transit. Pass on what that means. Diplomatic solutions have been mentioned probably becuase it might result in an unfortunate tit for tat. Time will tell.
That's exactly the point. Lithuania is treating any goods traveling by rail through Lithuania as if it were being exported to Russia from Lithuania.

Think of it as the NI protocol if it was as bad as Boris pretends it is.

Once the goods are in Lithuania, they are going to be imported into Russia from Lithuania.

I'd've thought Icebreakers would operate from Murmansk or Archangel. Didn't their aircraft carrier wheeze out of St. Petersburg?
Pass. I had a look on the web. Saw tonnage carried mentioned for jan and feb. Mention of ships being iced in. Also mention of icebreakers.

Russia and reports are a bit of a problem really. Forget Ukraine, many reports will try and bash / belittle it. They always have.

Some news on AlJ of interest. Russia has been driving north in the east. Seems that has advanced again. I assume it's the area shown on War In Ukraine. Sudden advamce, goes quiet and now another. Seems they have cut some supply routes - according to Ukraine. This may be bad news for Ukraine as a lot of troops and gear may get cut off. Yet another who knows really.

Some news on the grain. UN , Turkey and negotiations, Russia will still comply. Sounds like the problem is Odessa and mines. The man from Ukraine didn't want to talk about it much but when the UN is involved little has been said on evacs for instance. He did want to talk about regaining all of Ukraine's territory. Nothing else is acceptable.

Last edited:
Russia or the Russian federation is made up of 85 provinces ?

Of which 22 are republics each representing a different ethnicity

Most were independent before being conquered and absorbed into
Russia

They were granted autonomy after the fall of the USSR

There are wide spread grievances that autonomy has been eroded by the Kremlin

Suppression of indigenous lauguages and identity under a programme of “ Russification”

This war has ? Or is sharpening resentment

In particular republics like Dagestan and Buryatia who have borne the brunt of Russian casualties in Ukraine
And economic hard ships caused by this military caper
???

Russia hosted its 25th annual international economic forum
Which was only attended in person by the president
Of Kazakhstan and the Taliban

MOD report that the Russian naval tug

Spascatel Vasily Bekh

Delivering weapons to snake island has been hit ?? By 2 harpoon anti ship missiles

( Denmark sent them ? )

You really thnk the russians would paint Z on those vehicles and advertise the fact. jeeeez:D
Seems some people were actually born yesterday.
You do realise that russia mark all their vehicles with letters Z V O, and do you understand the reason why? there is countless pictures in the media of obsolete russian equipment, If you think that video (one of many) was photoshopped why don't you find the original(should be easy) and post on here.(y)

The Kremlin is understood to be reluctant / concerned about implementing the mass mobilisation
To bolster its armed forces

The Russian political elite are eager to avoid such a move for fear it will spark unrest ????

People can wonder about all sorts but what will be will be.

Ukraine has it's German guns

Superiority - looks like that may depend on the ammo that comes with it. Impressive kit though.

It was Anthony Blinken, the US secretary of state.

But I'm sure you know better.
you mean the guy who nearly 3 months ago said it was unsustainable yet it gone on to reach record highs over and over looks like he was talking shyte doesnt it.
And did you not carry on reading what the reporter wrote to why its going from strength to strength
Creating a demand for them is the opposite of not being able to unload them

Last edited:
Some news on the grain. UN , Turkey and negotiations, Russia will still comply. Sounds like the problem is Odessa and mines. The man from Ukraine didn't want to talk about it much but when the UN is involved little has been said on evacs for instance. He did want to talk about regaining all of Ukraine's territory. Nothing else is acceptable.
Ukraine doesn't want to remove the mines. They put them there for a reason: to make it harder for Russia to launch an amphibious attack.

Russia has pooled most of their amphibious ships from their various fleets there. Odessa is another of the major objectives that Russia has failed to take so far.

Sponsored Links
Back