Pvc Cladding and mains downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm thinking of covering my artexed bathroom ceiling with PVC cladding I also intend to put 4X 50w halogen mains downlighters onto it.
I will have a void of about 4" Q1. Is the pcv cladding ok with the downlighters.. Q2. Do you think 4 lights is too much for a 2.5m x 2.0m bathroom. Thanks Paul.

Sponsored Links
you'll not find many friends of downlighters on here..

they get hot so probably not a good idea for pvc cladding.

they also allow steam to pass, so not good for a void.. unless you get proper IP rated ones..

lastly they are vastly wastefull.. 4 downlighters is 200W.. that's 3 and a bit 60W light bulbs worth.. and most bathrooms are happy with one of those..

Downlighters + PVC = melted mess.

PVC cladding on a bathroom ceiling is not good either, moisture will collect behind it and cause hidden mould/mildew.

No thumps up for the pvc cladding then :( can you recommend anything else.. suppose I could plaster board and paint it. :idea:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back