Pyronix “Wireless Ch To”

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not a regular thread from doing a search but bizzarely when I was in a panel log for a totally unrelated issue the first thing that popped up today (this morning) was “Wireless Ch To” on pressing C showed “Channel 1 - RF Switch”

Never saw this before so stepped back the logs and about a week ago the same except Channel 2 was referenced.

Clearly some wireless interference? Do I just leave it to do it’s thing? Will it cause any wider issues?

Sponsored Links
It’s automatically switched frequency due to an outside source causing interference....

Could that be another panel. There are another 7 houses... 3 my side and 4 opposite and I’ve installed systems in them all

Yes, ask neighbours if same fault on their control panels.
Street lights on wireless timers, garage door operator's, taxis, any item that uses a radio frequency could be causing an issue.
Pyronix control panel usually switch frequency to stop this from happening.

Sponsored Links
Could that be another panel. There are another 7 houses... 3 my side and 4 opposite

Then yes it could easily be another panel. Could be the 7 panels are all competing against each other for a clear channels.

and I’ve installed systems in them all

and then you ask for advice on a DIY forum when one of the harsh realities of Licence Exempt wireless communication rears it's head

So any way of fixing the jumping if it’s the panels competing against one another?

So any way of fixing the jumping if it’s the panels competing against one another?

One option is to have the systems allocated time slots when they have exclusive use of the wireless channel. This requires linking them to an allocator

Why ? ..it’s designed to do this to stop issues ....

Channel changing works reasonably well when there are more channels than there are competing systems. I cannot recall how many channels are available for intruder alarms ( assuming it is 868,xx MHz ) but if it is less than 8 and there are 8 intruder alarms affecting each other then there will be a lot of channel changing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back