Pyronix delta to Texecom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Needing a little bit of assistance if anybody can assist?

I moved into a house some years ago and had an old ADE system in and I think it was a Sigma bell box. The box was in disrepair, needed a battery (one light flashing) and was weathered so swapped it for a new back lit Pyronix Delta box (grade 2) So has the connections shown. Simple enough wire up and off we go.

3 years down the line and the panel started to faulter so I disconnected the system until I got time to install a new one. That time is now. So ordered in a new Texecom premier elite 24 system with wifi connection. Looked like the dangly bits, or so I thought!

Been many years since I have installed systems and even then I was more electrical than systems. Anyway, contacted Pyronix who were arrogant to say the least, asking for company install details etc! I used to have that when I had my own business. Contacted texecom who were abrupt and very unhelpful!

What are the connections from bell box to panel? Any ideas?

delta.png IMG_20181213_101839.jpg

The way I see it so far is:

Panel STRB - BOX STR
Panel 0V - BOX -12v
Panel BELL - BOX BELL (or is this +12)
Panel +12v - BOX +12V (or is this bell?)
Panel Tamp - BOX T

BOX T shorted to =12vinside the box?

Are any resistors required in this scenario?

Wish I had kept the pyronix box paperwork now!

Thanks in advance guys.

EDIT:

The additional issue, as I have seen it mentioned on other pages is the AUX? I take it that is a tamper cct. There is a reference elsewhere to this but to a grade 3 box Can I simply just omit this?

IMG_20181213_114939.jpg

I found this, what are the fault connections?

Grade-3-wiring-of-Delta-Bell-to-Texecom-300x198.bmp

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
simply:-
A 12V
B Bell Trigger
C Tamper return
D OV
S Strobe

Some systems have extras terminals for certain functions, so the fault terminals are used to report back to the panel faults with the bell box. Not convinced its a necessity unless its a graded system that's being monitored even then to be fair if it gets reported there maybe other signs the bell box is not functioning properly anyway.

Think there are several threads on here regarding this setup already, including multiple bells.

simply:-
A 12V
B Bell Trigger
C Tamper return
D OV
S Strobe

Some systems have extras terminals for certain functions, so the fault terminals are used to report back to the panel faults with the bell box. Not convinced its a necessity unless its a graded system that's being monitored even then to be fair if it gets reported there maybe other signs the bell box is not functioning properly anyway.

Unfortunately, there is no A.B.C.D.S, Not sure if you are replying to this thread or got the wrong thread? It is a Texecom system going to a pyronix delta bell box? Not much makes sense what you posted mate, sorry :( There aren't any fault terminals, but there are 2x T terminals.

WHAT I HAD THOUGHT WAS:

IMG_20181213_101839.jpg --------->delta.png
PANEL ---------------> BOX
Panel STRB ------------- BOX STR
Panel 0V ---------------- BOX -12v
Panel BELL -------------- BOX BELL (or is this +12)
Panel +12v------------ - BOX +12V (or is this bell?)
Panel Tamp ------------- BOX T

AND FINALLY INSIDE THE BOX:

The other T terminated to -ve?

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/pyronix-delta-to-texecom.514432/#ixzz5ZbhMZItE

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks to Secureiam. Appreciate that.

Does anybody else have the connections to the box outside? TIA.

Which bell box do you actually have?
We are wiring to the Texecom panel.

What is the issue you are having?

finally if this is on existing wiring, you are best doing this on a short piece of cable directly to the panel so we can confirm you have actually wired it correctly or there is a fault.

Which bell box do you actually have?
We are wiring to the Texecom panel.

What is the issue you are having?

finally if this is on existing wiring, you are best doing this on a short piece of cable directly to the panel so we can confirm you have actually wired it correctly or there is a fault.
I moved into a house some years ago and had an old ADE system in and I think it was a Sigma bell box. The box was in disrepair, needed a battery (one light flashing) and was weathered so swapped it for a new back lit Pyronix Delta box (grade 2) So has the connections shown. Simple enough wire up and off we go.

3 years down the line and the panel started to faulter so I disconnected the system until I got time to install a new one. That time is now. So ordered in a new Texecom premier elite 12 system with wifi connection. Looked like the dangly bits, or so I thought!

Been many years since I have installed systems and even then I was more electrical than systems. Anyway, contacted Pyronix who were arrogant to say the least, asking for company install details etc! I used to have that when I had my own business. Contacted texecom who were abrupt and very unhelpful!

What are the connections from bell box to panel? Any ideas?

The way I see it so far is:

PANEL ---------------> BOX
Panel STRB ------------- BOX STR
Panel 0V ---------------- BOX -12v
Panel BELL -------------- BOX BELL (or is this +12)
Panel +12v------------ - BOX +12V (or is this bell?)
Panel Tamp ------------- BOX T

AND FINALLY INSIDE THE BOX:

The other T terminated to -ve?

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/pyronix-delta-to-texecom.514432/#ixzz5ZbphMbdG

Are any resistors required in this scenario?

Wish I had kept the pyronix box paperwork now!

Thanks in advance guys.

EDIT:

The additional issue, as I have seen it mentioned on other pages is the AUX? I take it that is a tamper cct. There is a reference elsewhere to this but to a grade 3 box Can I simply just omit this?

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/pyronix-delta-to-texecom.514432/#ixzz5ZbpdXSqC

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/pyronix-delta-to-texecom.514432/#ixzz5ZbpVXDh5

I cant help you if you don't tell me what your issue is and confirm this is a new bell box and the full name of the box.

the wiring for this bell to similar systems including diagrams are all over this forum if you search for them and that should make it easier for you.

Sorry bud pretty much what I said in the OP, I need to connect a Pyronix delta bellbox to a new Texecom premier elite 24

If your struggling with a simple bellbox then your going to be struggling setting up a premier panel !

there are wiring diagrams on here if you search.

that will make you more comfortable, the problem is there is more than one version of the delta bell.

If you have wired it up as you mentioned you should be okay, however if you have a fault take pictures of the bell wiring and the panel wiring to confirm.

then try on a short cable if your still having issues

Last edited:
I cant help you if you don't tell me what your issue is and confirm this is a new bell box and the full name of the box.

the wiring for this bell to similar systems including diagrams are all over this forum if you search for them and that should make it easier for you.
Hi bud its all in the original post mate and the title of the thread? What bits are missing bud?

If your struggling with a simple bellbox then your going to be struggling setting up a premier panel !
That looks fairly straight forward? Its all laid out. The bell box connections arent. Pretty sure I had them right anyway, merely needed a heads up, thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back