Pyronix delta bell. Strobing but no sound?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can someone help me. I have installed a new Pyronix enforcer 32 and a delta bell siren. The existing wiring was already in the walls.

I’ve wired up as followed:

Backlight Disable >>>> not used
T >>>> Com on main panel
T >>>> 0v on bell with 2k2 resistor
Eng. Hold >>>> Not used
Bell >>>> Bell on Main panel
Str >>>> Str on main panel
0v >>>> D1 - on main panel
12v >>>> 12v

Everything is securely clicked In on the bell itself and the tamper is clicking when I tighten the Lock Screw.

The bell strobes when I do a manual test from the main panel but it doesn’t sound ‍♂️.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Check wiring try a different cable, maybe try swapping bell trigger and strobe as you know strobe cable is good

Last edited:
Remove the bell wire in the panel , touch it on 0v terminal …..does it ring ? If so check your output programming ….plus does the bell ring when you remove the bell cover ?

Thanks All,

I have added a 2k2 resistor to the bell in panel and connected it to the 0v In the panel and it’s now sounding. However, bloody thing wouldn’t go off. I had to disconnect the wiring to get it to shut up.

Sponsored Links
I haven’t done any output programmings. I’m quite new to this alarm installations. Will this cause the alarm to sound without going off on initial power up?

could it also be continuously sounding (even when I put it in engineer mode) because in the 0v trigger that I’ve connected the bell to, I also have the tamper going in there too.

The connection to zero vaults is to check that the unit is working, the connection should be to the correctly programmed output

The connection to zero vaults is to check that the unit is working, the connection should be to the correctly programmed output
In the engineers mode, I have gone to ‘CHANGE OUTPUTS’ and within that section I can see that ‘BELL’ is set to ‘SIREN ANY’ .

What other programming would be needed for the bell to work?

Thanks in advance

Test the bell output with multi meter to make sure has correct voltage when siren test is active. Also you tamper return wants to go to z33 or z34 and program the correspondong zone as tamper

Test the bell output with multi meter to make sure has correct voltage when siren test is active. Also you tamper return wants to go to z33 or z34 and program the correspondong zone as tamper
Thanks, i only have Z1 and Z2 on my board.

Z1 will be fine right?

Also could you give me a brief description on how to program a tamper for the bell. Looking in the user guide but can’t pinpoint section I’m after

its not a user function you need installation manual and programming manual to install and program

its not a user function you need installation manual and programming manual to install and program
Thanks, sorry I meant the installation manual and programming manual.

When going into ‘change inputs’ and creating a new one, I’ve set the type to ‘Tamper’. But I have no way of relating this to Z1?

As above, zone 33 or 34 will be what you need to program for the tamper dependant where you wired it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back