Pyronix Enforcer Alarm Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
New member here and in dire need of help with my alarm.
I have set it all up myself and has been working perfectly fine for years, however I now have the added complexity of having a dog in the house....
When we leave her alone in the house (downstairs kitchen and lounge have PIRS) she keeps setting the alarm off by jumping on the couch / table.
So I believe I have to do the following:

Set the downstairs PIRS as excluded and rely on the door contacts and upstairs being armed when we go out.

Can anyone recommend how I do this or have any other ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Set up dog mode setting
Go into change inputs
Leave existing area A as is which will be the full set when dog not in house
Add a D area to all devices except kitchen and lounge. This will allow you to set D with kitchen and lounge off when fog left in house.

That is exactly why petwise sensors are a waste of time.

as for your predicament as suggested above.

You might want to look at additional internal sensors on doors leading to that room/s to give you some protection even if its them leaving those rooms.
The earlier your notified the better.

Thanks Both will give it a try.
The cat doesn’t ever set the sensors off so assume the pet area doesn’t cover dogs only smaller pets
Thanks again

Sponsored Links
some pet sensors can be adjusted, but the larger the pet excluded the larger the person can be that doesn't trigger the alarm.

So excluding a Great Dane, instead of Jack Russel would have obvious implications?

The closer the pet is to the sensor the larger they appear to that sensor.

It all depends on your pets and what they do when your out.

Had customers swear blind there cat/s or dog/s doesn't do x y and z.
Yet those with camera PIR's have been proven wrong many times very quickly.

We don't install petwise sensors as a rule, we strongly advise against it and lost work because of it.

There are some petwise / friendly that are better than others and its been mentioned on here more than once.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back