Pyronix enforcer v9 digi wifi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

I know the Enforcer V10 has Digi Wifi but can this board be programmed into the V9. Or does the V9 need updating to V10? how is this done?

Sponsored Links
On the V10 and home app kits can take Digi wifi unit. the PSTN/GSM units cannot be upgraded.....I'm pretty certain!

Thanks for the reply . The PSTN/GSM unit can be replaced easily with a Digi Wifi unit. But my question is there away of the V9 excepting the Digi Wifi unit by updating software or anything a long them lines .

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty certain you cannot add a digi wifi unit to a an older PSTN/GSM system.........the F/W is not upgradeable so you would have to replace complete panel,,

It can be upgraded but the chances are you will never be able to get it done as its only Pyronix engineers that can do it.

i have a v9 enforcer and i am literally about to upgrade it to the v10 version for the app.
i have a dongle with the simcard inserted to plug into panel and commence upgfrade, you will also need a digi wifi module.

OK you can buy panel with wifi mod included...this effectively converts system to V10....you can also add the new PYR cams!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a v9 enforcer and i am literally about to upgrade it to the v10 version for the app.
i have a dongle with the simcard inserted to plug into panel and commence upgfrade, you will also need a digi wifi module.

Hi, first time poster here since I’ve been trying to fix a broken wired keypad with a wireless one, thanks for having me.

I’ve just added the WiFi card successfully to an Enforcer panel, only to discover it is v9 so the menu doesn’t change. @turanafon do you have any more details on where you got the dongle and if it all worked successfully?

Thanks very much.

The only extra part on the menu you should get is the USE APP.
maybe you can ask Ring Pyronix and ask them about it. ?

Hi @turanafon , thanks for the reply. I can't see any additional menu options, I swapped the internal add-on board for a WiFi one and powered it on / off but I believe the issue is the v9 software is too old to recognise the board.

The bit I was referring to was from your post, you mentioned you had managed to upgrade the panel from v9 to v10 with a dongle. I can't find any information about where to get that dongle or how to do it, could you give any more details on where you get yours.

Thanks very much,

Daniel.

Dongle only available from Pyronix and you have to be a registered installer with them.

Dongle only available from Pyronix and you have to be a registered installer with them.

Thanks @Handymanjo , I suspected that may be the case. And the WiFi module presumably doesn't work with v9 software so I'll need to get someone round?

Cheers,

Dan.

hi I found a used pyronix dongle. is it worth buying it?

Buy at your own risk as you won’t get any support of pyronix if you didn’t have permission to have it !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back