Pyronix MEQ Blue Quad PIR Detector with Risco LightSYS2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Is it possible to use the Pyronix MEQ Blue Quad PIR Detector with a LightSYS2 alarm.

The LightSYS supports wired sensors, but is lacking any connections for tamper. So being an armature at this it looks to me like I should use Double End of Line resistors so the LightSYS can see the change in tamper or Alarm condition?

(currently all the sensors are wireless, however the house was pre-wired and Id like to start using these. The Pyronix seem to be small and have a high Wife acceptance factor)

Many thanks for your help..

Sponsored Links
lol HWAF

use resistors on all detectors, I believe that all zones have to use the same resistor values and you cant mix and match.

Thanks...
So there is nothing limiting me just to RISCO sensors?

Believe the value is 2.2k @12v

just wire in the resistors to the sensors for the values you have assigned in the programming.

so DEOL ID 13 2.2K eol and 4k7 across the alarm pair. or the default value DEOL ID 1 is 2.2K, 2.2K

the panel may have a pack of 16 2.2K resistors

Sponsored Links
There are no 2.2k resistors, these are Red Red Red?

So I will also need some 4.7k resistors..?

The manual does just show 2.2k across alarm and tamper.. (Page 28)

But as you said it also shows 4.7k for ID 13

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back