Pyronix - PIR- no signal strength/no battery strength

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Has anyone encountered the following issue, any advice would be really appreciated.

Detector = KX10DTP-WE

This detector has been previously used in our old garage before demolition and was deleted from the alarm system.

Using new batteries I’ve tried to reinstate it in the new location, learning the device goes to plan and I use the existing Input as it shows available (after previous deletion). When I carry out diagnostics with the detector next to the control panel I get 0 for signal strength and R for battery strength, puzzled!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

After the initial power up/learning there is no reaction from the detector during the walk test 10min timer, I have not tried this via the control panel walk test though.

So you learn the detector in control wireless devices, after added go to change inputs program the zone then leave the engineers menu. when you then enter back into the engineers menu it shows no signal when testing?

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for the reply.

So I’ve just repeated the whole thing, engineers mode, learn, change input, add zone, exit engineers mode, re-enter engineers mode, walk test via control - nothing, signal and battery - nothing.

It’s as if once the detector is learnt it goes to sleep or something, strange, any other thoughts?

What happens when you are out of engineers mode and open the detector up does the alarm go into tamper?

I’ll give that a go, I’ve deleted the detector from the system so will repeat the above and then try the tamper and come back with an answer. As expected the led did flash blue when removing cover to remove batteries but was deleted before I did this.

Thanks again.

Apologies for delay, ok so I’ve repeated the above and this time something different, after learn/change input/add zone, I then try and exit engineers menu and the system check says Test Failed (and the detector name in question), I have once again deleted and exited engineers mode and system check all good.

I’m beginning to think it may be safer to purchase a new detector?

Purchased a new detector, repeated the above steps and all is good, old detector now in the bin!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back