1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Pyronix questions

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by goldeneye243, 11 Jan 2019.

1. goldeneye243

goldeneye243

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello all, a few quick questions.

Current configuration is -

PIR upstairs
    PIR downstairs (exit route)
    Door contact back door (final exit)

The system was installed by my electrician and I have access to the engineer mode.

1. Can I stop the control panel beeping when buttons are pressed - My dog howls when I am trying to adjust the system so it would be much easier if I could disable them when in engineer mode.
    2. I am going to add another contact to the front door - Can that be final exit too?
    3. My downstairs PIR seems to be permanently on whenever I walk past the blue light comes on. From reading other posts this does not sound right - Are there settings for that in the control panel? The PIR upstairs behaves as I would expect.

Thanks in advance!

2. sparkymarka

sparkymarka

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    1 . Key click volume
    2 . Yes
    3 . Depends on amount or movement in that area

3. goldeneye243

goldeneye243

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Perfect, thanks! - I will have a look tonight. Once I have got the keys volume down I will be able to work on it a lot easier.

A couple more questions though...

With the deltabell-we how much would having the comfort LEDs on affect the battery life?

Also I understand that engineer mode does not stop the sounder going off if I open up the bell (to change the jumper) is that right??

4. sparkymarka

sparkymarka

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Two options drill up to loft and fit psu or buy a haydon flashing led unit , runs off a CR123A battery and will fit inside the delta bell

5. goldeneye243

goldeneye243

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Wireless keypad and extra PIR fitted. key tones turned off so less of a howling dog! Flashing units ordered - Will fit the extra bell next weekend.

Such a shame that insite is installer only - Would have made my life a lot easier...