Qatar world cup

However, as much as I supported taking the knee initially, I do reckon it will be losing its effectiveness in terms of delivering a message as the months roll by. It risks just becoming another mini ritual before the match starts with folk not really paying much attention
Yes I agree, it’s no longer an effective message.

Sponsored Links
6000 construction site deaths
Attributed to accidents ect ect

Hmmm I find that questionable tbh

Sponsored Links
Over 6000 deaths...
Seems a lot of those are farm workers dying from hypothermic heat stress. Those at the world cup sites fare much better.

From your link...

The UN study found that on average more than 40% of workers were dehydrated by the end of their shift, a figure that rose to 74% among the farm workers. The report cited better access to drinking water as one of the most effective strategies to reduce the risk of heat stress.

The UN study found that on average more than 40% of workers were dehydrated by the end of their shift, a figure that rose to 74% among the farm workers. The report cited better access to drinking water as one of the most effective strategies to reduce the risk of heat stress.Workers on a construction site near Doha

"...Conditions were better for workers employed at the World Cup stadium site, where a number of heat mitigation measures are in place, including more freedom to take rests when workers choose. No case of heat strain had been reported at the stadium clinic since 2017, the report said.
“One of the key reasons why workers on the World Cup site were at low risk to occupational heat strain was because they were empowered to self-pace and take breaks,...”

Seems a lot of those are farm workers dying from hypothermic heat stress. Those at the world cup sites fare much better.

But they did die in that country, yes!! They were working and it was the working that resulted from that, right??

There is no deyning in the fact that on the whole workers rights in that country and others like must be improved to save thousands of lives

Have you seen their living conditions, I thought not.

From your link...

The UN study found that on average more than 40% of workers were dehydrated by the end of their shift, a figure that rose to 74% among the farm workers. The report cited better access to drinking water as one of the most effective strategies to reduce the risk of heat stress.

The UN study found that on average more than 40% of workers were dehydrated by the end of their shift, a figure that rose to 74% among the farm workers. The report cited better access to drinking water as one of the most effective strategies to reduce the risk of heat stress.Workers on a construction site near Doha

"...Conditions were better for workers employed at the World Cup stadium site, where a number of heat mitigation measures are in place, including more freedom to take rests when workers choose. No case of heat strain had been reported at the stadium clinic since 2017, the report said.
“One of the key reasons why workers on the World Cup site were at low risk to occupational heat strain was because they were empowered to self-pace and take breaks,...”

Regardless the Artical was about racism. A farmers life is no less important.

The workers believe their friends' deaths have resulted from being forced to toil too long under the burning sun without shade, breaks and water in temperatures exceeding 40C for just £8.30-a-day.

This is slave labour. Remind me why the players take the knee?

This is slave labour. Remind me why the players take the knee
sure:

It was originated by American football player Colin Kaepernick on September 1, 2016, in protest against the lack of attention given to the issues of racial inequality and police brutality in the United States

sure:

It was originated by American football player Colin Kaepernick on September 1, 2016, in protest against the lack of attention given to the issues of racial inequality and police brutality in the United States

We all have Google. We know the origins...

Then we have George Floyd. Are you telling me the mistreatment and Racial abuse of workers directly attributed to the England players are less important than George or any black American?

Sponsored Links
Back