Qualifications for sparks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a friend (40) how has said he is a qualified spark but does not do into much detail.
He said he is registered and can do rewires?

If he were, what C&G's would he hold?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If he is registered his name should be available from here: http://www.competentperson.co.uk/search.asp (assuming England / Wales)

great site!!!!!!

neither my company or my competition are on this one yet we are all qualified and self certify :LOL: :LOL:
So rather a useless site! But where working cards in for a company no qualifications are required. If self employed then different story and you have to have written proof but that's not the case when cards in.
Unlike Corgi where the gas fitter himself holds the qualification with electrical the firm hold the qualification.
One would expect a C&G2382 and 2391 to be able to sign off ones own work but nothing says you must have them.
Also many firms use a tester who does nothing but check other peoples work and the sparks doing the work may have very few qualification or may have a degree.
Many times I have worked with same guys. Sometimes the other guy was my boss and others I was his boss. So always be a good boss as you never know on next job he may be yours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back