Question 2 (re new non condensing combi boiler)

• Thread starter novicebuteager
  • Start date
Sounds very much as the poster is residing in a local Psychiatric Unit.

I think that you are right! He also hides his profile! Perhaps thats one of the rules of his Unit?

Question now closed.results here.

corrrect answers in order of date.

1.terrywookfit.
2.dp.
3.mickyg.
4.picasso.
5.expertgasman.

incorrect answers.

1.corgiman,got answer wrong twice.
2.gremling16.
3.adlplumbing,got answer wrong twice.
4.whitespirit66.
5.yourmoneyoryourwife.
6.lawrance.

Next question to appear soon.

corgiman and adlplumbing are both excluded as they did not consider the basics of the question.

It seems this is a kind of "The Apprentice" game!

You have to now vote if he should be fired! Mines a red card!

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't fit a condensing boiler in a SE or U duct system and I think in a movable caravan (not stationary park home).

Ferroli's say their condensing boilers can be fitted in a duct flue but only in a duct system that's approved for steamers. None are in the UK.

I live in a ground floor flat

the flat above is owned by others,they have not given me permission to attach any flue to their property

when i consulted my neighbour re access to my flue he said he will not allow me to install a condensing boiler as the plume will draft at speed on to his property which is within 2.4m.
Your neighbour can't prevent you from installing a condensing boiler. His concern about the plume is justified, but this can be overcome by fitting a plume management kit which will provide an exit about 6 metres above the boiler.

My neighbour is willing to have his installer install me a new baxi 105 se boiler at his cost ok a non condensing appliance and no flue plume on his property.
Very generous of him, but fitting a non-condensing boiler is, with very few exceptions, not permitted.

The first thing you should do is contact the Building Control dept of your local council and ask their advice.

If they can't help, tell your solicitor the problem as there could be something in the deeds of both flats - it's a similar situation to drain pipes. It could also depend on who owns the freehold of the house/block and whether you and your neighbour are joint freeholders or leaseholders.

I live in a ground floor flat

the flat above is owned by others,they have not given me permission to attach any flue to their property

Your neighbour can't prevent you from installing a condensing boiler. His concern about the plume is justified, but this can be overcome by fitting a plume management kit which will provide an exit about 6 metres above the boiler.

A plume diverter can be fitted to be any length up to whatever the maker says is the maximum. Most are cut to the minimum required to give an unobstructed discharge.

In fact nearly a half are only altering the discharge angle from the terminal.

I still take the view that the outside walls belong to the freeholder and an internal leaseholder has no say in what the freeholder may permit ( unless he also has an interest in the freehold ).

Tony

Sponsored Links
I still take the view that the outside walls belong to the freeholder and an internal leaseholder has no say in what the freeholder may permit ( unless he also has an interest in the freehold ).
That's what I said! It will all depend on the form which the 'ownership' of the two flats take, i.e freehold or leasehold, and any covenants. You can only find this out by examining the deeds.

Well you all got the answer wrong and wasted a lot of your time.

answer is either yes or no

these are questions to replace multiple choice answers in forthcoming cenwat assessments,yes/no answers are to make it easy for people who english is not their first language.so you all failed to read the question and prefered to waffle on. all questions need to be answered correctly the first time and 100% is the only pass mark.
wafflers will fail due to time allowed to complete theory assessment,approx 45 seconds per question.

www.east2west2workinuk4muxchocasho.bg

One of the skills required of those who write assessment questions is to be able to write clearly and succinctly and unambiguously and if multiple choice to ensure there is only one correct answer.

You seem to fail on all counts!

Of course you are not alone. The same problem arises on GCSE and "A" level papers too!

At least that would be the situation if you really were genuinely writing exam questions.

However, anyone who hides their profile is clearly an odd person with some unusual ideas!

I dont think you are telling us the truth and you seem to be having some kind of egotrip assuming an identity that you are clearly not of the mental calibre to achieve!

A sad person!

If you were genuine you would give your real name and not hide behind an anonymous identity!

Dick is a sensible and well experienced plumber who operates a medium sized firm working in the latest technology.

His problem is that he can become somewhat abusive. On another forum he regularly posts sensibly!

This fellow has none of Dick's experience.

I have no idea who he is but he evidently gets a thrill from assuming an identity he cannot even aspire to in real life. He may well be unemployed or in a boring and dead end job.

Plume kits should discharge away from the same wall and in the same direction as the air intake - they are not for changing direction, angles etc.

Interesting comment from someone who works for a manufacturer.

I suspect the point he is thinking of is that there should not be a pressure differential between the inlet and outlet.

Current boilers do not seem to have ny significant problem in this respect. Keston boilers have sometimes been fitted with inlet and discharge on opposite sides of a building. In this situation there can be a considerable difference between the atmospheric pressures during periods of high wind.

When plume diverters were first introduced they were promoted as if the requirement was only to discharge higher up.

Later they were also promoted as suitable for changing the direction of the discharge. Particularly on Vaillants it has become very common for a simple 135 degree angle to be used to alter the discharge to a more suitable direction.

Tony

It may be common.

That does not make it correct in all cases.

Please do me the courtesy of permitting me to make relevant and helpful statements of fact for the benefit of the OPs.

You are very welcome to make helpful comments for the benefit of forum readers.

However, when you make statements which seem contrary to generally accepted customs and practices then it would be better if you explained the rationale behind what you are saying.

Tony

Plume kits should discharge away from the same wall and in the same direction as the air intake - they are not for changing direction, angles etc.

I think you've misunderstood something unless its a viessmann specific thing.
There's a BS or IGEM on this, and it states that both intake and outlet terminal from a PMK must terminate on the same face of the building, but there is no mention of them pointing the same way. Its because they should be in the same pressure zone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back