question about earth bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a new chrome towel rad in bathroom. Ive been told it has to be earth bonded despite being plumbed in Hep2! Where is the line drawn on these regulations? Do people earth bond their metal shower cabinet frames? How about a metal bog roll holder? A tap which has only flexy connections - how to bond that? Has common sense left the country?
Im just back from holiday in Spain where I saw a stainless steel sink unit COMBINED with an electric hob! Our guys would start shaking & dribbling at the mouth if they saw that! LOL! :LOL: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
thanks, yes this is exactly what I thought! If it was earthed then Id guess that would actually make it MORE dangerous if you happened to touch it & a live wire?

Sponsored Links
Im just back from holiday in Spain where I saw a stainless steel sink unit COMBINED with an electric hob! Our guys would start shaking & dribbling at the mouth if they saw that! LOL! :LOL: :rolleyes:

I've only seen the SMEV combi ones here in mobile homes. But that is a gas hob with a 12v piezo spark.

thanks, yes this is exactly what I thought! If it was earthed then Id guess that would actually make it MORE dangerous if you happened to touch it & a live wire?

Now if only old cockburn could grasp this concept we'd all be happy :)

I saw a stainless steel sink unit COMBINED with an electric hob! Our guys would start shaking & dribbling at the mouth if they saw that! LOL! :LOL: :rolleyes:

You might start shaking and dribbling at the mouth if you got a belt off one... ;)

But it is earthed via the CPC....

Come on, David, how can that be safe??? :LOL:

ladder-rail-straight-radiator-valves-thermo-element.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back